Beyond old school

Beyond old school

I just registered. I have been fed up with forums and facebook groups for the last 10 years. My original Supra (I still have it) is a slow restoration project. I bought it in 1994 from the original owner with 83k. It is a 1983 white P-type. I have owned a couple other supras. A few mk3s a few junky mk1s (most I parted out). A couple weeks ago I happened across a 1985 P-type with a 7mge swap. Grabbed it with a bad ecu for $200. Plans are to get it running and use it as a daily and retire my gz20 soarer from daily driver duties. Kind of a car guy. I currently own 2 s13 coupes. 2 s13 hatchbacks. 2 P-types. The soarer. An Infiniti m30. 2 ms60 Toyota crowns. A 68 corona 2 door. A 68 daihatsu mini truck. A b13 Sentra (don’t judge me) and my tow vehicle. 2005 nissan

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

Welcome. You sound like one of those car hoarders you'd see on a reality TV show. Most of us here could use a bit of psychoanalysis as well so you'll fit right in.
    Phil D.
    85 Silver 6m-gte, completed 2000

"I always observe the speed limit. I see those DAMNED signs everywhere."

If you only new how bad my hoard is. The cars are bad. Loose engines are also a problem. 2 vvti 2jzgtes, a non vvti 1jz, a 1.5jz, 2 5mges, a 7mgte, a 22re, a sr20det, a sr20ve, a 3uzfe. 8 r154s, an s15 Sox speed. 3 ka24de manual transmissions, 2 b13 lsd manual transmissions. 4 rust free mk2 winged hatches with wings and drilled glass and on and on and on.

5. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

I cut the cable years ago, but I remember one TV show I thought was a fun concept. These guys would find someone with a hoard usually much worse than yours and often at the family's request do an "intervention" of sorts. They'd offer "Let us haul away all these cars and parts and clean up your property. We'll sell off everything except for one car that you pick as your favorite. Then we'll use the proceeds to restore your favorite car to like new again (although most episodes were more of a Chip Foose style build). Then you'll have one car you can actually drive and take to car shows." I didn't see many episodes, but they were always struggling with a shoestring budget as after the cost of cleanup, there usually wasn't much money left for the project. But it was an entertaining show especially as the owner agonized over watching all of the cars being hauled away and having to pick just one. You'd think they'd be excited about finally having one $50,000 show car as opposed to a whole field of $1,000 junk cars, but no. They get so emotionally attached to every one of them.
    Phil D.
    85 Silver 6m-gte, completed 2000

"I always observe the speed limit. I see those DAMNED signs everywhere."

Donovab, Welcome glad to have you on the forums...
    Regards,
    Arch
    '86 Supra MA67
    Brullen 2.5" Exhaust, HKS Fly w/7MGE clutch,ST Springs, RC Intake & TB, 2.8GT & XX emblems, Factory Add on Rear Shoulder belts, Pioneer DEH-P2000 AM/FM/CD w/CDS-P5000 CD Player, Compomotive CXNs 8x16

hi there

Thread Information