Another new Albertan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Another new Albertan

Greetings CelicaSupra aficionados! Iím fairly new to the supra world, having just bought my first one in the last week. Got a 1985 Mk2 P-type with the 5mge and converted from the auto to 5 speed. Super Deep Red with black interior, apparently a rare colour combo for this year?
    The car currently doesnít run and has some electrical gremlins that Iím slowly hunting down. Thought Iíd join on in case I end up at some tough road blocks along the way. While I do have lots of mechanical experience on older Dodge trucks (currently daily a 94 Dodge Dakota 4x4 with a 5.9 360 I swapped in this spring), Iíve found the mechanical design of this car to be more than just a walk in the park! But I look forward to the potential challenges that I may encounter! And I hope the forum and itís experts will be of great help as I tackle this project in hopes of making it a summer cruiser!
    Last edited by SuperDeep85P; 08-04-2019 at 05:20 PM.
    1985 P-Type 5MGE 5-Speed conversion. Super Deep Red with Black interior

Daily - 1994 Dodge Dakota SLT 4x4 with 250hp 360 V8 ďDakota R/TĒ swap

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

WE ALL CAN HELP!
    Use this a lot and ask. http://www.cygnusx1.net/Supra/Librar...2/default.aspx
    This TSRM is actually for an '85.
    Hey! Where is my Canadian flag?
    Dave in Seattle. I keep LATE hours.Hidden Content
    '84 type "L" ,Auto ,daily driver. Dk blue.

Awesome!! That will be a huge help in figuring out my lighting situation and hopefully help get this car running and back on the road
    Last edited by SuperDeep85P; 08-04-2019 at 05:20 PM.

5. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

Welcome!! Search and search!!

I would also recommend the EWD (Electrical wiring Diagram) manual for the '85 as well...and the owners manual list all the fuses and relays as well...
    Regards,
    Arch
    '86 Supra MA67
    Brullen 2.5" Exhaust, HKS Fly w/7MGE clutch,ST Springs, RC Intake & TB, 2.8GT & XX emblems, Factory Add on Rear Shoulder belts, Pioneer DEH-P2000 AM/FM/CD w/CDS-P5000 CD Player, Compomotive CXNs 8x16

Welcome. I thought we had determined that the only black seats came in the 83 model year, otherwise would have been grey to go with the black trim. Can someone confirm? All of the 85s I have seen in SDR have either black vinyl interiors with grey seats, or few have had a kind of burgundy colored interior. Lots of people would have preferred black over grey and some people ordered new leather seat covers from Northwest Auto Leather in Canada where black was probably the #1 choice.
    Phil D.
    85 Silver 6m-gte, completed 2000

"I always observe the speed limit. I see those DAMNED signs everywhere."

Welcome, clone of my car (auto->man, gray leather.. digi dadh?)
    You can download the TSRM and the EWD from links in my signature just below.
    -Jocelyn,
    P85-6MGE SDR(HKS kit c/w IC and F-Con in a box) 225KKm, NAL seats, 2.5 Brullen, ACT clutch, LJM, SS lines, Trip Computer. EuroH4
    P85-5MGE SDR had 439KKm (for 17 years my daily driver, RIP...), 2002 E39 ///M5 LMB Hidden Content
    Hidden Content Hidden Content

I would start by checking out all the relays and fuses. Looking forward to seeing some pics.
    83-Red P-type , 6M,. LJM strut-bar, RC intake,Thorley header,Tenzo 17" wheels, cross-drilled rotors, Eibach springs, KYB shocks, 85 hatch and int., 82 header panel=Frankenkar

87 4 Runner, White, 22RE, 302K on original motor, still strong

"This car is so loud , I heard you before I saw you!" said the nice policeman. Hidden Content

Welcome! Lots of good western Canadians on here... and some good eastern ones too.
    Dean L.
    1985 Toyota Supra - Hidden Content
    2000 Lexus LS400
    2007 Lexus LX470

I’ve done some testing with what I’ve got in regards to the lighting situation. The headlight retainer relay isn’t in the car at the moment due to the common corrosion issue. Thru jumping some pins on the retainer connector I’ve managed to get all the marker lights, tail lights, and instrument cluster lights to operate with the combo switch, but I have no headlights or fog lights. The headlights pop up properly at least. And the dome light doesn’t operate with the doors, only lighting when switched to ON.
    As far as the engine goes, it’s getting spark and the fuel pump was replaced last fall. So I’ll be in the process of seeing if the pump is powering as supposed to and if the injectors are pulsing.

Fog light fuse #10 15A left side kick panel
    Regards,
    Arch
    '86 Supra MA67
    Brullen 2.5" Exhaust, HKS Fly w/7MGE clutch,ST Springs, RC Intake & TB, 2.8GT & XX emblems, Factory Add on Rear Shoulder belts, Pioneer DEH-P2000 AM/FM/CD w/CDS-P5000 CD Player, Compomotive CXNs 8x16

Thread Information