85 supra for sale

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post Next Post Next Post

85 supra for sale

Hey!
    Im selling my 85 gray Supra and asking $3000 for it. This is a 2.8L V6 A/T. Mileage 168k miles.
    Used mostly for short commutes and has seen only ~30k miles in the last 10+ years.
    The car runs great and has up to date smog check. Below are condition details and photos:

Body: Accident free and rust free. Minor paint scratch on the back right fender is the only physical damage.
    Paint is original, but clear coat is starting to wear off on the rooftop, hood, and back bumper.

Engine: some maintenance required to fix some known issues (valve cover gaskets, aging brake lines and drive belts, radiator leak), but the car runs great.
    Battery brand new, alternator replaced in 2013, timing belt replaced in 1999 at 137k miles, rear brake pads and rotors replaced in 2010, spark plugs replaced in 2015, tire alignment and balancing 2017. Passes the CA smog check.

Interior: interior is super clean, seats and dashboard have no tears or stains. Some leather parts are a little worn as expected from age (mostly the steering wheel)
    A/C needs new coolant, but every other piece of equipment is functional: heater, automatic mirrors and windows, lights, etc
    Sunroof works great and is leak free.

Located in Palo Alto, CA.

supra_01.jpgsupra_02.jpgsupra_03.jpgsupra_4.jpgsupra_8.jpg

Looks pretty good but you need better pics of the int. That dash looks great but again, better pics. Also, it's a straight 6 with dual overhead cam towers.
    83-Red P-type , 6M,. LJM strut-bar, RC intake,Thorley header,Tenzo 17" wheels, cross-drilled rotors, Eibach springs, KYB shocks, 85 hatch and int., 82 header panel=Frankenkar

87 4 Runner, White, 22RE, 302K on original motor, still strong

"This car is so loud , I heard you before I saw you!" said the nice policeman. Hidden Content

Good Morning! This is the car that I test drove a couple of weeks ago. I recommended that the seller list it on this site. The car drives well with no issues that I noticed. It has a very "positive" transmission engagement from Park to Reverse/Drive (kind of like if the idle speed is a tad high), it exhibits no bad behavior (slipping/clunking) while driving however. This is a real solid car. I test drove another Supra (a blue 1982 that is listed in cars.com) that was a nowhere near as nice as this one and they were asking $3,999). It will need some love, but it has good bones and has been a CA car since new (the blue plates were turned in recently, but the owner showed me a picture of the car with its original blue plates on it). This is easily a car that you can drive while fixing up.

CelicaSupra.com Member SupraGuy31's Avatar
    Always got to be in california
    84 7M Powered Supra (Sandy)

@SupraGuy31....two words.....ROAD TRIP!

CelicaSupra.com Member SupraGuy31's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Garv214 View Post
    @SupraGuy31....two words.....ROAD TRIP!
    Will it make it 3000 miles across the country without issues. Pretty easy to say road trip on direction
    84 7M Powered Supra (Sandy)

...especially since I am not the one driving it...LOL... I did call and ask my friend Joe Isuzu, and he told me I could trust his word on it....

Some lucky bastard’s going to get one of the coolest colour combos out there! Screams 80’s Toyota! Love it!

Is the original radio available??
    Regards,
    Arch
    '86 Supra MA67
    Brullen 2.5" Exhaust, HKS Fly w/7MGE clutch,ST Springs, RC Intake & TB, 2.8GT & XX emblems, Factory Add on Rear Shoulder belts, Pioneer DEH-P2000 AM/FM/CD w/CDS-P5000 CD Player, Compomotive CXNs 8x16

Congrats on the sale!! Is it anyone already on the forums??
    Regards,
    Arch
    '86 Supra MA67
    Brullen 2.5" Exhaust, HKS Fly w/7MGE clutch,ST Springs, RC Intake & TB, 2.8GT & XX emblems, Factory Add on Rear Shoulder belts, Pioneer DEH-P2000 AM/FM/CD w/CDS-P5000 CD Player, Compomotive CXNs 8x16

Thread Information