Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

Hi my name is ted, own a couple old supras just here to gain/ pass on wisdom

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Driftwood_47 
#1 ·
I have a 1980 celica supra mk1 as a daily driver , but I also have a 1979 mk1 supra as my drift car fitted with a 1jzgte did it all myself aside from engine mounts an driveliine , love these old dragons, hope to share some diy stuff and learn some new shit bout these will post pictures and or video soon

#2 ·
Welcome! It's really good to have another MK 1 expert on this forum.
What are you using for a differential in the '79? What steering changes have you made,please.
Thanks.

#4 ·
Welcome Ted. We definitely need more mk1 owner participation. I would dearly love to be able to take my mk2 to a local car show and have a mk1, mk3 and mk4 also show up on a regular basis. Right now its a sea of Chevelles, Camaros, Mustangs and Tri-Fives. You've seen one first gen Camaro and you've seen a thousand. But those owners all got one foot in the nursing home so our day is coming.... ;)

#6 · (Edited)
Hey ddd228 I am using the stock rear end for my 79, it’s a welded diff from my totaled 81 supra, 373 gears I do believe , I have done an extensive amount to the steering lol, start off I ditched the old idler arm set up, I had a shop make me a custom tubbed subframe( the stock one for an a 60 supra is very different mounting wise doesn’t bolt in), I bought a linkage kit from a local shop, literally one of the best modifications I have ever done, but I got rid of every bushing replaced every single one with heim joints, techno toy tuning gtx2 control arms, zero Ackerman steering knuckles+quick steer setting, one turn to full lock!, offset steering rack spacers made the geometry feel very good, but other than that Coilovers from a Toyota Cressida Weld ons for an x7, power steering has yet to be addressed

#7 ·
Pdupler I feel you there I’m always surrounded by muscle cars or seemingly a bunch of hondas, owned these things for 5 years never seen another on the road in person, seen 4 of em and owned 3 lol our time is coming!? I’d love to get the first to fifth generation of supra in one spot

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.