85 Parts Car in Texas

85 Parts Car in Texas

I haven't seen anything with any parts car potential here in the DFW area in a long, long time. Everything posted FS in the last 15 years around here has in addition to being wrecked, had a bazillion miles and been completely burnt to a crisp in the Texas sun. But what makes me think there's serious potential here is one picture showing the driver seat is in pretty good shape. Yes some leather creasing, but I've restored worse than that myself. Even the chrome strip around the seat back shell is intact. Could be the rest of the interior and trim has survived as well. Obviously with this much sheet metal damage, its not going back on the road, but you at least know it was running and driving when it was wrecked so there's likely all good running gear too. Looks like a storage lien sale so it might have been indoors.

https://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/ct...960055670.html
    Phil D.
    85 Silver 6m-gte, completed 2000

"I always observe the speed limit. I see those DAMNED signs everywhere."

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

"*needs bodywork *" is putting it lightly haha

Yeah that interior looks mint, it is fairly low miles, could be worth picking up for someone with space if they can talk em down a bit. Nice find.
    Hidden Content 86 parts car maybe some day race car? 3x cars, 36x brake caliper pistons.
    "You need to update your signature Gamble" - Dave

I was kind of tempted, but I don't really have room for it (would have to sit outside), don't have the time to mess with parting it out and really, I don't need any parts off of it myself. What little I could use is the wrong color and most everything else I have. If I planned to do more Supras in the future, but I think I'd rather continue to diversify my collection. I'm on the lookout for a Starquest wide body, but it has to be nearly mint as like the Supra, its not feasible to ever restore one, the chances of finding parts cars like this nearly zilch.
    Phil D.
    85 Silver 6m-gte, completed 2000

"I always observe the speed limit. I see those DAMNED signs everywhere."

Thread Information