Celica alltrac drive train into MkII how much power?

Celica alltrac drive train into MkII how much power?

ok. I have found 2 Celica Alltracs and was wondering how much power this drive train will handle. Curious if a 500-700 HP 7M-GTE would just shred the drive train or they would handle this kind of power. Idea is to swap drive trains into a MKII Supra.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

I can't imagine how it could ever work as its a front wheel drive architecture with transverse mounted engine. But there were so few All tracs, produced primarily for WRC homologation, and so few survived, that I wouldn't dare cut one up to make some kind of custom hot rod. This isn't like cutting up an of a bazillion Camaros to be able to put a v8 and modern steering in a 32 Ford. If they are so bad a shape, the parts at least need to go to save another All Trac.
    Phil D.
    85 Silver 6m-gte, completed 2000

"I always observe the speed limit. I see those DAMNED signs everywhere."

Very good point, Was more curious than serious. that's how long I've been away from Toyotas that the transverse set up never entered my mind. But if the Audi set up would work, nothing but time and money! A whole lot of both. Thanks for dealing with a not well thought out brain fart.

5. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

Another idea might be to give us an idea of your goals (power/performance) and technical capabilities and the community might be able to provide some better suggestions on solid swap options.

--billyM
    White 85P - Blue/Silver 85P
    -------------------------------
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

You're much better off just sticking a Gen 4 3SGTE in it if you want more power.

Honestly I'd transplant an Alltrac powertrain to a V20 Camry first as they had AWD versions of them.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyM View Post
    Another idea might be to give us an idea of your goals (power/performance) and technical capabilities and the community might be able to provide some better suggestions on solid swap options.

--billyM
    Thanks for asking Billy and I don't mean to sound like a smartass but here goes.
    Plain and simple is the goal is a fully prepped road race car to run time trials, hill climbs and any thing else that I can go fast in. Don't care about winning any more (but I know I'll hate losing just as much as I used to).
    Plan is simply sketched out now here:https://www.celicasupra.com/forums/s...-woods-Day-1-3
    Technical abilities I have. My daily driver is a 2017 GTI that makes around 330hp and I was getting carried away with putting mods on it so I figured I get something else that I could play with. I raced Corollas in SCCA solo events in the 80's. I wasn't too bad back then but funds were limited and when the 2TC that I had built the snot out of blew at Little Talladega during a Divisional event I just sort of fell out of it. (At that point I had at least $10k in a $200 Toyota in the mid 80's.) Rebuilt the engine and drove it on the street for a few years and sold it to the guy I just bought the Supra from. He swapped the engine and some other goodies into his Corolla and raced it for years with very good results. 30+ years automotive experience, commission mechanic, machine shops etc. My hobby shop is my old fabrication business 1200 sf with full machine shop, lift etc. Matter of fact I'll make you a good deal on my Southbend 13x40 lathe that is taking up too much space. I am pretty confident I can do anything I can think up except I never learned to paint or do body work. But nuts and bolts? No problem.
    Tuning is a different story but I "know a guy, a few guys". I always stayed away from driveability and tuning on these new fangled fuel injected computer things. Give me a set of twin 40mm Webers and a good ole distributer and I am happy, but good god the power that comes out of all the variable vale timing and lift and all the other mysteries of the little magic box!!!
    The Alltrac question came about because I had considered the drive train out of about a 2014 Audi S4 (they're longitudinal AWD) with a DSG but the amount of work and money sucked the fun right out of that. I work with some of the best automotive software/hardware gear head geniuses in the world and have access to every thing you can dream of at work.
    So my limiting factor is time and money. The time thing is what worries me, I'm getting older and can see the day coming when my vision is too bad to race or maybe even drive anymore. Money is something you only need if you're still alive tomorrow.

Trailblazer SS drivetrain? Cheap power, easy parts, but I don't know if you could fit the transfer case and front driveshaft under the driver's side. Front axle seems to be in a decent location in relation to the engine, engine bay and location of the wheels. Might be too tall, but you can get shorter intake manifolds at least.
    85 P-Type, White over Maroon Leather, bone stock

Quote Originally Posted by Speedrye View Post
    Trailblazer SS drivetrain? Cheap power, easy parts, but I don't know if you could fit the transfer case and front driveshaft under the driver's side. Front axle seems to be in a decent location in relation to the engine, engine bay and location of the wheels. Might be too tall, but you can get shorter intake manifolds at least.
    Kind of think my Compact Monster Truck days are done but it would be kind of cool and I could put a shaker hood scoop on it.

Thread Information