Rocker Panel Mouldings/Covers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Rocker Panel Mouldings/Covers

Anyone got any clean rust-free examples, both sides? Trying to restore this thing. Thankfully rockers themselves were spotless, but covers were rough. An extra white clip or two would be an added bonus.

I know, I know, like most things I'm looking for, I realize they're hard to find...
    85 P-Type, White over Maroon Leather, bone stock

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

That is probably the harder one to find clean.
    Good luck!
    -Jocelyn,
    P85-6MGE SDR(HKS kit c/w IC and F-Con in a box) 225KKm, NAL seats, 2.5 Brullen, ACT clutch, LJM, SS lines, Trip Computer. EuroH4
    P85-5MGE SDR had 439KKm (for 17 years my daily driver, RIP...), 2002 E39 ///M5 LMB Hidden Content
    Hidden Content Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Speedrye View Post
    Anyone got any clean rust-free examples, both sides? Trying to restore this thing. Thankfully rockers themselves were spotless, but covers were rough. An extra white clip or two would be an added bonus.

I know, I know, like most things I'm looking for, I realize they're hard to find...
    I'll let you know this week end when I start tearing mine down cant remember how they look right now. You mean the trim panels in front f the door? Or what I call the sill plates that go over the top of the rockers and are covered when the door is closed?

5. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

I'm looking at the long black trim pieces at the bottom of the door, from flare to flare.

As another option, if anyone has some scrap ones that are mostly trash, I'd love a piece of one to measure and price out having new metal pieces produced.

Believe it or not they are there and from the top they look good haven't gotten that low yet but will let you know when I do get them off.

CelicaSupra.com Member SupraFiend's Avatar
    The ones Toyota used on 88-91 Cressidas are stamped stainless steel and don't rust. They are pretty easy to adapt. Requires loping off the front end and drilling 2 new holes, and filling the old ones. The first hole is in the right spot.
    Black 86 mk2 Project Car
    New SDR 86 mk2 Daily User, Highway Cruiser AND Parking Lot Abuser in the works!

Excellent option, thanks!

Pulled mine off today and they are what I used to call 50/50 look really good at 50 feet and 50 mph.
    DSC_0949.jpg
    DSC_0952.jpg
    That's pretty much the worst of it, just the ends, I guess like every other one out there.

CelicaSupra.com Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazmo2009 View Post
    Pulled mine off today and they are what I used to call 50/50 look really good at 50 feet and 50 mph.
    DSC_0949.jpg
    DSC_0952.jpg
    That's pretty much the worst of it, just the ends, I guess like every other one out there.
    how does the other side look?

That is opposite ends of both sides unless you mean the other ends of those or the back side. But that is the worst of them. you can also left click on the image and then use your computers zoom to get a closer look. But here is the opposite ends.
    DSC_0951.jpg
    DSC_0950.jpg

In the middle they are nice and I kind of cleaned the 10 years of mold off to see if they would clean up at all.

Thread Information