84 Supra 1/4 skins and rockers

84 Supra 1/4 skins and rockers

I spoke to the owner of this place today and he has a right and left 84 Supra 1/4 skin for sale. http://showcars-bodyparts.com/
    I wanted glass ones not metal so I'm out of luck. He also said there was a possibility of getting new rockers made for the same car.
    I've talked to him 3 times now (once this Sunday because I thought it was a dead website and just wanted to see if the phone still rang) and he seems legit. Figured some one here might want to check this out farther. He is in Belleville Ontario so my brothers from the Great White North might know him or his reputation.
    Price was $299 each side and $200 shipping to Alabama.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

CelicaSupra.com Member SupraFiend's Avatar
    Glass is a bad idea, if he has metal, get them. Did he mean he makes repros for our car or he just happens to have some quaters cut off an 84?
    Black 86 mk2 Project Car
    New SDR 86 mk2 Daily User, Highway Cruiser AND Parking Lot Abuser in the works!

He had some that had not been cut off yet. AS most of the 1/4 panel is going to get cut out any way for clearance I don't think that buying good streetable sheet metal is the way for me to go, let some one that is doing a restoration have them. But just because I'm the curious type why don't you recommend glass? Cracking from vibration along the seam to the factory sheet metal?

5. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Tazmo2009 View Post
    He had some that had not been cut off yet. AS most of the 1/4 panel is going to get cut out any way for clearance I don't think that buying good streetable sheet metal is the way for me to go, let some one that is doing a restoration have them. But just because I'm the curious type why don't you recommend glass? Cracking from vibration along the seam to the factory sheet metal?
    I am confused he makes metal rocker replacements and rear quarter panels for MK2's?

Sorry for the confusion. He has a right and left 1/4 that have not been cut off the car yet. I asked about the rockers and those are gone (cut off/rusted? I did not ask).
    When I asked about the rockers I also asked if any just plain Celica ones were around, again no. But he offered the idea that it may be worth blue printing a pair(scan would be good maybe?) so that he could reproductions made.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazmo2009 View Post
    Sorry for the confusion. He has a right and left 1/4 that have not been cut off the car yet. I asked about the rockers and those are gone (cut off/rusted? I did not ask).
    When I asked about the rockers I also asked if any just plain Celica ones were around, again no. But he offered the idea that it may be worth blue printing a pair(scan would be good maybe?) so that he could reproductions made.
    im about 1.5 hrs away from him, what do they need to do to blueprint?

Give him a call and he can tell you. Last Sunday he answered when I called just to see if the site was still active. 905-857-6345 seemed like a really nice guy. His website is just loaded with all kinds of body parts for almost anything you can think of.

Thread Information