'79 Celica MA45 Emission Pipe Layout

'79 Celica MA45 Emission Pipe Layout

Hi all,
    Have signed up to your forum on behalf of a retired mechanic friend of mine who owns a 1979 Toyota Celica with an MA45 engine in it.
    He has asked me to see if I can find diagrams of the emission pipe layout and it turns out this information is nigh impossible to find on the general web and even amongst the existing posts in this forum.
    Wondering if any of you may have access to such information and be willing to share?

Thanks in advance,

Jordan

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

Jordan I have a number of 1979-80 Toyota MA45 factory manuals in the garage, let me see what I have...I may have the emission manual for pretty cheap 4M or 4ME engine...

https://www.celicasupra.com/forums/s...ale-2019/page2
    Regards,
    Arch
    '86 Supra MA67
    Brullen 2.5" Exhaust, HKS Fly w/7MGE clutch,ST Springs, RC Intake & TB, 2.8GT & XX emblems, Factory Add on Rear Shoulder belts, Pioneer DEH-P2000 AM/FM/CD w/CDS-P5000 CD Player, Compomotive CXNs 8x16

Howdy AJ, cheers! Sounding very hopeful for the old boy..
    However, I have just realised I hadn't set my profile information here, and am actually based in a little city called Whanganui in New Zealand, so postage may be a little more complicated.
    If it'd be possible just to get a photo of the pipe layout (maybe vaccum pipes?) that'd be super sweet, but otherwise if you were willing to go to the trouble of sending over here I will ask my mate if he's keen to purchase.

Thanks very much

Jordan

5. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

Jordan Copy your location...

The emission manuals for the MA45s are $5 + shipping...I sell and ship lots of manuals worldwide so no worries here...

OR I can take pics, I'm not a tech dude; but I can probably figure it out to copy and send to an email address...if needed
    Regards,
    Arch
    '86 Supra MA67
    Brullen 2.5" Exhaust, HKS Fly w/7MGE clutch,ST Springs, RC Intake & TB, 2.8GT & XX emblems, Factory Add on Rear Shoulder belts, Pioneer DEH-P2000 AM/FM/CD w/CDS-P5000 CD Player, Compomotive CXNs 8x16

Quote Originally Posted by AJ View Post
    Jordan I have a number of 1979-80 Toyota MA45 factory manuals in the garage, let me see what I have...I may have the emission manual for pretty cheap 4M or 4ME engine...

https://www.celicasupra.com/forums/s...ale-2019/page2
    AJ, this is probably the ME-U engine which is similar but not the same as the 4M-E
    Multi-Generational Supra Syndrome afflicted in BLACK, RED, WHITE and BLUE
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by funkfunk View Post
    Hi all,
    Have signed up to your forum on behalf of a retired mechanic friend of mine who owns a 1979 Toyota Celica with an MA45 engine in it.
    He has asked me to see if I can find diagrams of the emission pipe layout and it turns out this information is nigh impossible to find on the general web and even amongst the existing posts in this forum.
    Wondering if any of you may have access to such information and be willing to share?

Thanks in advance,

Jordan
    Jordan,

Have your friend come join our FB group. We have many MA45 owners in Australia that are not on this forum. I am sure they have all the answers you need

facebook.com/groups/firstgenerationsupraowners
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Greg, Thanks for the back up duh different engine than the USDM...
    Regards,
    Arch
    '86 Supra MA67

AJ, suprarossa, thanks guys very much for your replies!
    Will see friend this week (he's actually a library customer and I'm a Librarian), and will get him on to the facebook group.

Much appreciated and I will update the thread with the result.

Have a good one!

Jordan

Quote Originally Posted by funkfunk View Post
    AJ, suprarossa, thanks guys very much for your replies!
    Will see friend this week (he's actually a library customer and I'm a Librarian), and will get him on to the facebook group.

Much appreciated and I will update the thread with the result.

Have a good one!

Jordan
    Jordan,
    I have received your request to join the Facebook group and replied via PM with instructions. Haven't heard back from you yet, but your request is still sitting in the pending pile. Thanks
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Thread Information