Tores BMW-powered-Missile-MA61-super-budget-build

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    hey, im all into drifting and i'v been trying out bmw for the last year, built a basic e36 for under 1000dollars and had alllot of fun it it, last drift event i took a hard hit and the car kinda looks like a bannana now.. so time to try to build a super cheap ma61 just to keep it toyota , i'v probly had up to twenty toyotas now and this was my first bmw haha and i wanna go back to toyota... but building a basic drift toyota is like 5 times as excpenice as a bmw.. sooo im trying to make a super cheap drift toyota
    back to the last trackday
    ended up winning the whole event with a 2.5 liter N/A and only 2.nd gear haha
    small youtube video from the event, full lap of the bmw at 1:00
    and the hit that took my car out at 5:20
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bu5S_Ffjsw
    sorry for all the bmw posting haha

here it is like a bannana

soooo here is the 2.5 liter and gearbox that i will try to squeese into the supra, the bmw suspension is genius so i would reeeally like to use it but its too blasphemy to have 5 bolt 5x120 pcd, i need my 4x114 so i need to make a cheap lock solution from what i have

and back to my new missile, bougth it of Facebook marketplace and the dude removed the add since i bougth it, and i have not picked it up yet so i have few pics, its the white one in the background... i payed 600 dollars for it so far

i have alot of suspension parts laying arround,
    option 1 would be to use all of the bmw parts but then have 5x120... NO
    option 2 , use bmw xmember and lca (e46, 2,5cm wider than e36) then use AE86 steering arms and ae86 coilovers since they fit the bmw balljoints
    option 3 modify the stock celica supra suspesion and just make my own motormounts for the bmw engine...

i lowkey went for option 3, ill see how much angle i can get from just cutting and welding the stock knuckels

the celica supra have insanely long steering arms, using s13 stock parts on a celica supra will result in gearly shorter steering arms, like 2-3 cm... can meassure accurate tomorow

my big question is, will this shit even make angle, will it bind? i migth have to shorten more and move the rack?
    hopefully ill be able to pick up the car next week sometime

first acctual test will be ice track drifting in february, so i have a few months
    anyone done anything similar? bmw engine in supra mk2?
    Last edited by Rallyrolla; 09-30-2019 at 06:17 PM.
    Toyota Corolla KE20 RallyRolla, 4A-GE 150hp+ , ae86 struts, trd short stroke etc..
    Toyota Corolla KE20 Stance, 980mm of road slicks, bike carbed 2T-C
    Toyota Corolla AE86 Under full restoration
    Toyota Crown RS50 1969, going to get 5M-GE Twinturbo
    Toyota Supra MA61

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

I've done some Ice road drifting, but it wasn't on purpose!
    Great video!

CelicaSupra.com Member
    I saw the video of you poking the bmw with your forklift, it was fantastic.

I believe I've seen some cut/welded steering arms in this thread.

https://www.celicasupra.com/forums/s...ld-mods/page17

The page I linked isn't correct, but most of his pictures were on photobucket anyway

If you reply to his thread or PM him about it or something I'm pretty sure he had self extended some steering arms.

5. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

Thanks! will have a read once i get time, was googeling pretty hard but could not find any info for the life of me :P

today, super budget coilovers
    got hold of a set of bent coilovers for a KE30, missing the shocks but mehh, sleeves, springs and top hats for 50dollars is okay

found some KYB short stroke in the shed

had some cusco ae86 top plates laying arround

cutting it all into pieces, i found out the sleeves for the corolla is too small for the supra so i went fully ghetto and used the sleeve as the strut itself haha

all malted together with the welder

nice

[IMG]blob:https://imgur.com/8a9977fe-7d39-43be-ade8-eedd1352aed6[/IMG]
    Toyota Corolla KE20 RallyRolla, 4A-GE 150hp+ , ae86 struts, trd short stroke etc..
    Toyota Supra MA61

CelicaSupra.com Member SupraFiend's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyrolla View Post
    Yeah, Toyota did. They put a BMW engine in a ... oh wait, a BMW, then they slapped a Toyota badge on it and called it a Supra. NEvermind.

People usually go the other way around dude, you know the JZs are the shit

Careful with the welded steering arms... that is illegal in most countries. If that weld breaks, you crash. I pioneered the Celica GTS steering arm for this reason many years ago. Search around and you can find info on it. Also, T3 makes shorter arms for our cars too, the easier solution now.
    Black 86 mk2 Project Car
    New SDR 86 mk2 Daily User, Highway Cruiser AND Parking Lot Abuser in the works!

Quote Originally Posted by SupraFiend View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyrolla View Post
    Yeah, Toyota did. They put a BMW engine in a ... oh wait, a BMW, then they slapped a Toyota badge on it and called it a Supra. NEvermind.

People usually go the other way around dude, you know the JZs are the shit [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.celicasupra.com/forums/images/smilies/wink.png[/IMG]

Careful with the welded steering arms... that is illegal in most countries. If that weld breaks, you crash. I pioneered the Celica GTS steering arm for this reason many years ago. Search around and you can find info on it. Also, T3 makes shorter arms for our cars too, the easier solution now.
    Haha Yes i found that thread when i was gogoogling, we got few celicas here tho and i want more🙂 was about 2cm shorter and added a tad of camber if i Remember correct, did you get alot more lock or just a bit from those 2cm? I kinda Remember u said the car felt better to drive aswell

This will be track only so dont worry about me welding everything 😂
    Toyota Supra MA61

Just a side note, but where in Norway are you located? I have friends in Kristenstad, Flekkefjord and Hvasser Island. Ignore my spelling its as bad as my pronunciation of Norsk.

haha im in Valdres, rigth in the middel of norway [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.celicasupra.com/forums/images/smilies/smile.png[/IMG]
    finally got to pick up my Celica Supra

put on some tires that hold air

gahh need a wash

washed half of it haha

also swapped my chaser for this track ae86, all glass fiber panels,980kg with full tank of gas, just roof left thats steel, 1j vvti with 520hp on wheels with e85, bmw 530 diesel gearbox and modception rear end, its SIIIICK! so ill be a bit all over the garage with so many projects but hoping to to the celicasupra done first

this is 3.rd and 4.th gear, running avon 240 semi slicks in the rear lol...

how does one end up with 5 track cars and just a van thats on plates.. sighhh
    good thing, i got 3 sets of ligths with the car, will come in handy when i have two drift only celicas

also 3 sets of axels and axels on the car

here we go

first had to trow out auto box and exhaust

shit in the way

precice cut by eye

hehe, too tall gearbox

booom, that shit sits pretty damn good, the M52 from the E36 is rear sumped, so to clear the rack it has to sit this far into the car, if i had used a e34 (frontsump) sump i could have mounted the engine further forward, buuuut i thougth... why not try this, it will make for a intresting weigth ratio

will have to take it out and do some more cutting , hits here and there, like this servo hose hitting the stock engine mount

next will be engine and trans mounts then when that is done i thing i will go strigth to suspension befrore i bother doing the rest of the swap... it looks so ugly when its high and with theese rims... and i just need the einge in there for weigth when doing the suspesion...
    not sure yet if i want to cut off the whole floor behind the rear suspension and just get a fuel cell, or if i should run stock..
    Last edited by Rallyrolla; 10-14-2019 at 02:06 AM.
    Toyota Supra MA61

today: coilovers

niice

also made the engine sit a bit better, i think ill move the rack a bit forward aswell so migth push the engine like 5 cm forward

i need more camber up front, will have to extend the lower controll arm..

already have the drift missile look

emptied out the car

turns out someone stole my spare wheel well and i have no tank haha, will probly have to get a fuel cell

engine is just a bit inside hehe

will have to make new tunell

modded the 86 camber plates to fit, now they adjust caster and camber

sorry if my thread are a bit pic heavy but... this is my style
    Toyota Supra MA61

CelicaSupra.com Member killbill oddy's Avatar
    I'm bucking the trend on here and going to comment on a Build thread! Rebel i am.
    Quality! Love this! M50B25's are the best Bmw engines of the 90's.They can take so much abuse! You'd got it sitting lovely too, Low and far back will do wonders for reducing understeer.
    If you can get it 50/50% weight distribution it will be amazing.

I dunno how you could have so many projects on the go?! Having all those different issues on each car to work out would melt my brain! Not to mention the cost! One Car in bits is enough for me haha. The ae86 is mad. Good swap! I follow you on youtube so will check my Subscriptions list for new vids

And pic heavy is how a build thread should be. If i click a thread and there are no pictures after page 2 i won't click on it again. The more photos the better!

Thread Information