Toyota Celica GT-Four

Toyota Celica GT-Four

I was out shopping at the local home improvement store when I come upon this gorgeous Celica GT-Four.
    I'm not even sure what year it is, but it has Canadian markings versus US markings.
    It has collector plates and is in pretty spectacular shape. I was hoping to see the owner, but couldn't wait that long.

IMG_2583.jpg

IMG_2584.jpg

IMG_2585.jpg

I assume that these wheels are not stock. They seem somewhat larger than what would have been around in 1989-1993.
    I have never been a fan of the car because most of the ones I have seen have been in pretty rough shape. This one changed my mind.
    Wow!

Dale
    Black 1983 P Type 5 Spd, Cloth Interior, BBK,HRE 17" Wheels, HKS Exhaust
    White 1984 P Type Auto, Leather Interior, Sunroof, Digital Dash

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

Very cool. These used to be relatively common here as Japanese imports, but haven't seen one in quite a while. That one looks excellent! Shame about the rims though, but I guess that's just personal taste.

Quote Originally Posted by Styles View Post
    Very cool. These used to be relatively common here as Japanese imports, but haven't seen one in quite a while. That one looks excellent! Shame about the rims though, but I guess that's just personal taste.
    I tend to agree with you. The car seems to be sitting too high on these wheels.
    I can see the rationale however. He kept it all in the family. The wheels are from the Subaru BRZ/Toyota 86GTS (or whatever they called it in each sales region). The wheel centers have the Toyota logo. Being 17 x 7" he has a way bigger selection of performance rubber. The stock rubber on these cars was 205/60R15 and while there is rubber available, it tends to be somewhat more suitable for mini vans.

https://wheelsamerica.com/product/su...10-28821ca010/
    Black 1983 P Type 5 Spd, Cloth Interior, BBK,HRE 17" Wheels, HKS Exhaust
    White 1984 P Type Auto, Leather Interior, Sunroof, Digital Dash

5. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

CelicaSupra.com Member Funkycheeze's Avatar
    That's a ST185, 89 to 92 I believe. They did sell them in North America, but are quite rare - lots rusted out from being winter driven, they are pretty good in the snow with AWD.

My wife has a 94 ST205, so the GT-FOUR version of a 6th gen Celica. It is a pretty interesting car for sure, makes almost 300 wheel at 17 psi on the stock engine, ECU and fuel system.
    '84 P-type, 5spd, Super red, black/grey leather - 2JZGTE swap, Precision 6262 on cast manifold, ECUmaster black with 875cc/min injectors, 465 WHP at 17 psi, built R154 with OS Giken twin plate, one piece driveshaft with 1310 joints, Truetrac with 3.73 R&P, 450 lb/in front coilovers, 300lb/in rear springs, Image BBM wheels 17x8 and 18x10, 4 corner BBK, AGX shocks, Whiteline bars, poly bushings, T3 GTX2 front control and steering arms etc. etc.

I tend to agree with you. The car seems to be sitting too high on these wheels.
    I can see the rationale however. He kept it all in the family. The wheels are from the Subaru BRZ/Toyota 86GTS (or whatever they called it in each sales region). The wheel centers have the Toyota logo. Being 17 x 7" he has a way bigger selection of performance rubber. The stock rubber on these cars was 205/60R15 and while there is rubber available, it tends to be somewhat more suitable for mini vans.

Aah, of course. Didn't look close enough. I can't really diss it, I'm running 17"s on my MA61....

Just needs more low!
    Last edited by Styles; 10-10-2019 at 10:47 PM. Reason: Include quote

Thread Information