What is My Supra Worth
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What is My Supra Worth

Hi Guys, I am seeking some informed opinions. I would like to hear some opinions about what you think my 1984 Supra which is Listed In this Forums Cars for sale section,(https://www.celicasupra.com/forums/s...-Type-For-Sale), and on Autrdr, should sell for. I understand that anything being sold is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it, No More, No Less. And that we all feel our Cars are worth probably more than someone else feels it is worth. But I would like to hear what some of you members think my car should legitimately sell for. I have been marketing it for about a month or more at this point, and I have got a few offers, none that I felt were worthy of me taking. But maybe I am wrong about what I feel it should sell for. I see some cars selling for 2-5k and some few selling in the 14k range. Average for a good one seems to be about 10k in recent weeks. Any opinions would be welcome, and also where do you think the best venue, or site to sell the car on is.
    Thanks for your Help---Semper Fi

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

What is the mileage? Very important to list that. Autos are not as popular. 14 grand seems high unless very low mileage.
    83-Red P-type , 6M,. LJM strut-bar, RC intake,Thorley header,Tenzo 17" wheels, cross-drilled rotors, Eibach springs, KYB shocks, 85 hatch and int., 82 header panel=Frankenkar

87 4 Runner, White, 22RE, 302K on original motor, still strong

"This car is so loud , I heard you before I saw you!" said the nice policeman. Hidden Content

1984 Supra Mileage

Quote Originally Posted by supkar View Post
    What is the mileage? Very important to list that. Autos are not as popular. 14 grand seems high unless very low mileage.
    Hi, thanks for the response. I do list the Mileage in every ad. It is 87000 Carfax true actual verified miles.

Quote Originally Posted by Supy1984 View Post
    Hi, thanks for the response. I do list the Mileage in every ad. It is 87000 Carfax true actual verified miles.
    You did not list the mileage in your ad ----I looked and looked
    83-Red P-type , 6M,. LJM strut-bar, RC intake,Thorley header,Tenzo 17" wheels, cross-drilled rotors, Eibach springs, KYB shocks, 85 hatch and int., 82 header panel=Frankenkar

87 4 Runner, White, 22RE, 302K on original motor, still strong

"This car is so loud , I heard you before I saw you!" said the nice policeman. Hidden Content

I agree with Supkar the auto trans is probably hurting your cause. While some people are trying to sell for the mid to high teens it seems pretty hard to actually get those to move for that much. You seem to be pretty aware of the price ranges. If its as clean as it looks and you wanted it to move 7-8k would do it. If you don’t need to sell it you might as well hold on to it as time goes on fewer clean cars are left and yours will only be more appealing. That’s just my opinion I’ve been keeping a close eye on the market here in SoCal.

Its very difficult if not impossible to look at a few pictures and give you an accurate value on your Supra. I do know there are buyers out there in that price range. Its been a few years, but I've sold one in that range so its possible. The buyers in the over $10K range are mostly guys my age trying to recapture a dream from their youth. I agree that dream included a 5sp transmission. Thing is that most 5 speeds were literally abused, few survived and survivors are usually in bad shape. There are far more automatics that survived in good shape because they were bought by older people with better resources to take care of them, like a garage to park it in. If yours were a 5sp, you'd have a lot easier time getting offers in the mid-teens because it would be so much more rare. So I believe the discount for the automatic is steep. Its well-documented on here how to do the swap and would probably run $3,000 - $4,000 turn-key at a competent shop to do it right. So that's probably about what the discount should be from a comparable 5sp Supra.
    Phil D.
    85 Silver 6m-gte, completed 2000

"I always observe the speed limit. I see those DAMNED signs everywhere."

Agreed. The auto tranny is NOT desirable.
    I bought mine because it had one. The seller stated that no one wanted it,so I got it for less money.

May I assume that is the same situation for a Corvette?

The last one on this forum was at B.A.T. and it went for 9.9 K,but it was a low-mile automatic car.
    It was still surprising that it went for that much. I expected maybe 9 K.
    Granted,our cars are becoming more desirable.
    I found mine from a local newspaper ,"cars for sale" ad.
    Last edited by ddd228; 10-09-2019 at 09:05 AM. Reason: ....
    Dave in Seattle. I keep LATE hours.Hidden Content
    '84 type "L" ,Auto ,daily driver. Dk blue.

Problem is that amount of people that will spend over $10k on a auto Mk2 Supra you can probably count on one hand. You're best bet if you want top dollar is to roll the dice and put it on BAT. People on there will spend 2-3x what I would every pay for it there. I mean someone paid over $25k for a Honda Insight for christ sakes...

Hi Guys, thank you for the good information. I have reduced the price to a 8999.00 which I believe is an absolute steal for a car of this quality. Also trying ebay one more time. I kind of think that this is the wrong time of year to try to sell this car for any reasonable money. Like convertibles, classics and antique cars do better in the spring imho. Buy giving it one more try before putting the cover on it till spring.

pdupler, I agree to the chasing my dream, that is why I bought this one, but I prefer Auto trans, I drove enough stick in my day, and like the convenience of auto. I have had 4 Supras, 2 mk2's and 2 mk3's. and loved them all, but I overestimated my ability to bend and bought this one by mistake. It is a fantastically clean well running car, but not the right car for me unfortunately any more. I may try another mk3 because they are a bit more luxurious oriented and easier to get in and out of, and the seats are a bit more soft. And I just really like having a Supra in my life.

supkar, I highlighted the miles so that you can see them better. They were there posted from the beginning as in all of my ads. But if you did not see them, than that is my fault, as I should have made them stand out better since they are a big selling point. Peace Brother. Semper Fi.

You should really look at bat. That's us where all the serious buyers are these days.

Thread Information