Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

Wow!! $21,ooo?

3K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  supkar 
#1 ·
#5 ·
I don't remember more than three to top $20K and they were all a whole lot fewer than 66K miles, basically put away when practically new. Is this one close, maybe. However, timing may be wrong more than anything. I was in a British car show Saturday with the Jag and was having a discussion with some guys at the show about disappointing recent auction results. One theory is that everyone is kind of holding off pricey toy purchases right now because they're all waiting to see what the economy is going to do. All the pundits are predicting the mother of all worldwide recessions to start within the next year. I bought a 69 Corvette in 2008 just months before the last crash and C3 values plummeted nearly 50% overnight. It was about eight years before the values climbed back to what I paid for it. Bottom line, I think its going to be tough to get top dollar for any collector car right now just because of the timing.

#6 ·
Good point Phil, about timing and recessions when considering a big purchase. I can't believe people are still buying homes in Ca. and paying ridiculous prices when there is so much talk of possible recession. Has everyone forgot about '08?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.