Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

MK2 1984 2JZ GE Swap

6K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  mdelligatti54 
#1 ·
Planning on doing a 2JZ GE swap into my MK2 Supra, I have a couple things i want to confirm before i start to purchase various parts.

Will a 2JZ GE Bolt up to a MK2 Supra W58 Transmission, What bell housing is required?

What Clutch and Flywheel will i need?

Will i need a 2JZ GE ECU out of a Lexus IS300?

Are the Plug and Play harnesses that you can buy online a good idea, to save time on trying to wire a harness that comes with the engine?

#2 ·
- Yes, but you need a bellhousing from a NA mkIV supra or IS300 (basically a vehicle that had a 2JZ-GE and Wxx series transmission from the factory
- You will need to use a 2JZ flywheel and clutch for a NA mkIV supra or IS300, same as above
- Any MT 2JZ-GE ECU will work, as long as it matches the engine harness. The adaptation to the body harness will need to be done, it is complicated.

#4 ·
You still use the original Toyota engine harness. The harness you are looking for plugs in the under dash connectors to the other connectors on the ECU and one of the stock harness. You need to use the right ECU for the engine. You can't use a VVTI ECU on a non VVTI engine for instance. The pre VVTI stuff is generally a lot easier to deal with since there aren't immobilizers in them.

Reactions: drjim
#5 ·
I just finished my 2jzge vvti swap with an 03 gs300 to an '83 chassis. Let me know if you have any questions regarding this kind of swap.
For wiring harness there is no plug and play harness. You will need to make the connections yourself.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.