Thanks for having me!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thanks for having me!

Hey folks. Just purchased this on Monday

bringatrailer.com/listing/1984-toyota-supra-4/?utm_source=transactionalemail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=bat_model_notification

Not my first go around in the Mk2 world but I was a much younger man then. I sold that car when I was 20 for a 3 series, womp womp. But I always wanted to get back into one. Well now I am and just looking forward to getting re-acclimated to the ecosystem. I've done some poking around already and trying to see where best to sort parts. I'll need to fix the console cover pretty quickly or it'll drive me nuts. Replacement for the driving light already purchased. I'm sure it needs a bit more, but I won't really know all of what until I get my hands on it. Get the hatch corners fixed, correct the chips, give it a proper detail and I'll probably be happy. Once sorted, I'll be looking for an intake and replacing the exhaust with an HKS twin tip muffler from a 7mge kit if I can source one. The shifter likely gets tossed pretty quickly too. I sure wish C's were still around. Those things were amazing. Maybe Cube Speed is as well, just nostalgic for the old bits in my first car.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

Cturtle, Welcome to the forums!! Congrats on the '84!!

Raptor Racing sells a real short shifter very nice quality item...check it out at the link below

https://raptorracing.com/toyota-mkii...61ea45d0df8a0c

Also WheelSkins sells steering wheels leather covers...OEM fit mod from a original steering wheel donated to Wheelskins...challenge is getting the proper color for the terra cotta interior!!
    Regards,
    Arch
    '86 Supra MA67
    Brullen 2.5" Exhaust, HKS Fly w/7MGE clutch,ST Springs, RC Intake & TB, 2.8GT & XX emblems, Factory Add on Rear Shoulder belts, Pioneer DEH-P2000 AM/FM/CD w/CDS-P5000 CD Player, Compomotive CXNs 8x16

Nice purchase you made there.
    Cheaper to buy one in that condition than restore one yourself. (BTDT!)
    Welcome to the real house of the CelicaSupra!
    -Jocelyn,
    P85-6MGE SDR(HKS kit c/w IC and F-Con in a box) 225KKm, NAL seats, 2.5 Brullen, ACT clutch, LJM, SS lines, Trip Computer. EuroH4
    P85-5MGE SDR had 439KKm (for 17 years my daily driver, RIP...), 2002 E39 ///M5 LMB Hidden Content
    Hidden Content Hidden Content

5. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by AJ View Post
    Cturtle, Welcome to the forums!! Congrats on the '84!!

Raptor Racing sells a real short shifter very nice quality item...check it out at the link below

Also WheelSkins sells steering wheels leather covers...OEM fit mod from a original steering wheel donated to Wheelskins...challenge is getting the proper color for the terra cotta interior!!
    Thank you for the tip. That shifter looks great!

Thank you RedP85. I agree. Starting from scratch is a real bear. I've tried to do it with BMWs.

CelicaSupra.com Member Celicasteve68's Avatar
    That's like me when I bought mine, something that you can drive straight away without spending on it till the time is ready. That's a well looked after Supra in lovely pristine condition.
    Hidden Content Sufferer of an incurable disease called Celica-supralitus. Also lifelong OCD ( Obesessive Cleaning Disorder ).

Hidden Content

Welcome and nice buy! ...where in the states are you?

--billyM
    White 85P - Blue/Silver 85P
    -------------------------------
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Celicasteve68 View Post
    That's like me when I bought mine, something that you can drive straight away without spending on it till the time is ready. That's a well looked after Supra in lovely pristine condition.
    The car is going to see pretty light duty, probably 2k miles/yr or so. I'll probably drive it a bit, and then get to working out any kinks. It doesn't "need" anything right away. That and the combo I couldn't pass.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyM View Post
    Welcome and nice buy! ...where in the states are you?

--billyM
    Thank you. I am in Tampa, FL.

Look at craft customs to do the wheel. They redid one for me a few years back for like 350. Looks better than original imo. You can customize it how ever you want.

Thread Information