brake lines that fit front and rear?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    CelicaSupra.com Member

brake lines that fit front and rear?

I looked in the search but didn't find anything on this, I am thinking of upgrading my brake lines does anyone know if MK3 or any other cars brake lines will the MK2 front and rear?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

Why not just go to techna fit and buy a set for the Mk2?

CelicaSupra.com Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverMk2 View Post
    Why not just go to techna fit and buy a set for the Mk2?
    I just looked at them and they appear to be a great option but I am not sure about blowing $180 and now knowing if I will like the pedal feel, I saw these for under $30

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Toyota-Supr....c100752.m1982

I figured I could try a set if there good no problem, if they suck the same but if I did like the feel I could then invest in something better, I have no issues investing in a quality product but this is my first build were im doing some performance upgrades so if I can try things on the cheap and learn I don't feel so bad if I waste some money on things

5. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

You want to cheap out an use Chinese brake lines?

CelicaSupra.com Member Funkycheeze's Avatar
    Yeah why spend good money on literally the most important safety system on the car?!?
    '84 P-type, 5spd, Super red, black/grey leather - 2JZGTE swap, Precision 6262 on cast manifold, ECUmaster black with 875cc/min injectors, 465 WHP at 17 psi, built R154 with OS Giken twin plate, one piece driveshaft with 1310 joints, Truetrac with 3.73 R&P, 450 lb/in front coilovers, 300lb/in rear springs, Image BBM wheels 17x8 and 18x10, 4 corner BBK, AGX shocks, Whiteline bars, poly bushings, T3 GTX2 front control and steering arms etc. etc.

CelicaSupra.com Member
    You want to cheap out an use Chinese brake lines?
    how bad can they be? I see guys using Chinese turbos intercoolers ect… im not drifting the car, I figured if I like the fedal feel ill get better lines like i said, and for $30 who care even if they go in the trash as its not even a tank of gas, have you never not went to eat at a place you thought maybe its good maybe its not but had to drop some cash to find out then form a opinion?
    Last edited by BILLY_GTS; 10-18-2019 at 12:46 PM.

CelicaSupra.com Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkycheeze View Post
    Yeah why spend good money on literally the most important safety system on the car?!?
    I think your missing the point, its to see if I like the feel $30 is dick, $180 is 6 times the price, And I see guys using cheap white box rotors with decent pads and the cars stop, imagine that? if I was racing or drifting what ever but im not. I spend $30 a day on stupid shit but not $200, Have you tried them to know if there shit? there Chinese huh? isn't everything pretty much made there?
    Last edited by BILLY_GTS; 10-18-2019 at 12:39 PM.

Dave in Seattle. I keep LATE hours.Hidden Content
    '84 type "L" ,Auto ,daily driver. Dk blue.

Toyotas use the same M10 inverted flares, M10 males fittings, and banjo fittings on almost all their cars. There is probably some Toyota that has lines that are close enough I think the problem you have is Mk3 have banjo fitting on the calipers IIRC. Plus there are 6 or 8 lines on the Mk2 (depending on how you count) and the Mk3 has 4. The dual ended M10 inverted flare line on the rear at the trailing arm pivot end is kind of unusual and requires a good length to avoid kinking. Honestly you're not going to notice that much of a differnce. Most people use them because they are relatively cheap and they are pretty much the only thing available these days.

CelicaSupra.com Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ddd228 View Post

says those for rear only looking for front and rear, thanks though

Toyotas use the same M10 inverted flares, M10 males fittings, and banjo fittings on almost all their cars. There is probably some Toyota that has lines that are close enough I think the problem you have is Mk3 have banjo fitting on the calipers IIRC. Plus there are 6 or 8 lines on the Mk2 (depending on how you count) and the Mk3 has 4. The dual ended M10 inverted flare line on the rear at the trailing arm pivot end is kind of unusual and requires a good length to avoid kinking. Honestly you're not going to notice that much of a differnce. Most people use them because they are relatively cheap and they are pretty much the only thing available these days.
    so it wont really give me a better feel? are stock lines still offered? im restoring the car so was looking to replace 30+ year lines with new,

Thread Information