Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

brake lines that fit front and rear?

5K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  ddd228 
#1 ·
I looked in the search but didn't find anything on this, I am thinking of upgrading my brake lines does anyone know if MK3 or any other cars brake lines will the MK2 front and rear?

#3 ·
I just looked at them and they appear to be a great option but I am not sure about blowing $180 and now knowing if I will like the pedal feel, I saw these for under $30

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Toyota-Sup...a=0&pg=2047675&_trksid=p2047675.c100752.m1982

I figured I could try a set if there good no problem, if they suck the same but if I did like the feel I could then invest in something better, I have no issues investing in a quality product but this is my first build were im doing some performance upgrades so if I can try things on the cheap and learn I don't feel so bad if I waste some money on things

#6 · (Edited)
how bad can they be? I see guys using Chinese turbos intercoolers ect… im not drifting the car, I figured if I like the fedal feel ill get better lines like i said, and for $30 who care even if they go in the trash as its not even a tank of gas, have you never not went to eat at a place you thought maybe its good maybe its not but had to drop some cash to find out then form a opinion?

#5 ·
Yeah why spend good money on literally the most important safety system on the car?!?

#7 · (Edited)
I think your missing the point, its to see if I like the feel $30 is dick, $180 is 6 times the price, And I see guys using cheap white box rotors with decent pads and the cars stop, imagine that? if I was racing or drifting what ever but im not. I spend $30 a day on stupid shit but not $200, Have you tried them to know if there shit? there Chinese huh? isn't everything pretty much made there?

#10 ·
says those for rear only looking for front and rear, thanks though :)

Toyotas use the same M10 inverted flares, M10 males fittings, and banjo fittings on almost all their cars. There is probably some Toyota that has lines that are close enough I think the problem you have is Mk3 have banjo fitting on the calipers IIRC. Plus there are 6 or 8 lines on the Mk2 (depending on how you count) and the Mk3 has 4. The dual ended M10 inverted flare line on the rear at the trailing arm pivot end is kind of unusual and requires a good length to avoid kinking. Honestly you're not going to notice that much of a differnce. Most people use them because they are relatively cheap and they are pretty much the only thing available these days.
so it wont really give me a better feel? are stock lines still offered? im restoring the car so was looking to replace 30+ year lines with new,

#9 ·
Toyotas use the same M10 inverted flares, M10 males fittings, and banjo fittings on almost all their cars. There is probably some Toyota that has lines that are close enough I think the problem you have is Mk3 have banjo fitting on the calipers IIRC. Plus there are 6 or 8 lines on the Mk2 (depending on how you count) and the Mk3 has 4. The dual ended M10 inverted flare line on the rear at the trailing arm pivot end is kind of unusual and requires a good length to avoid kinking. Honestly you're not going to notice that much of a differnce. Most people use them because they are relatively cheap and they are pretty much the only thing available these days.

#11 ·
I got new for the fronts (both) from Japanparts through an European warehouse, I think they have representatives in the states as well. Just get the original numbers and search their website for the right numbers. I found them pretty similar to the originals, but I don't think they are very different from other 'brands' like ATE.

#12 ·
I bought mine from Raptor Racing, and the difference in pedal feel is astounding.

30 year old rubber lines get pretty spongy, and while I'm sure I would have noticed some difference with just new OEM rubber hoses, having done this mod on other cars, doing it to the Supra was a no-brainer.

*IF* you buy the cheap lines, be sure to carefully inspect them before you put them on the car, and flush them out with fluid or at least blow them out with air.

Yeah, I spent $150 on lines, but it gives me peace-of-mind knowing they were correctly built with good quality parts.

And spend the $$ to get some "Speed Bleeders" if you rebuild/replace the calipers. They're another small item that's worth way more than you pay for them!

- Jim

#13 ·
i LIKE them. Got'em from Gorge.Raptor Racing.
Ray85p and I bought 2 sets. The front ones were difficult to install.
Yes ,the Russel speed bleeders makes it much easier!~
E Bay or Jegs.
The last bleed will be with engine ON and you will get a few more bubbles out of the system.
The SS lines give a better pedal feel and are VERY tough and well-built.
Recommended.:thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.