5MGE Base map for ECUMASTER Black

CelicaSupra.com Member killbill oddy's Avatar

5MGE Base map for ECUMASTER Black

Hi, i'm just about to order a ECUMASTER black ECU for my 1984 UK spec ma61 With 9.2:1 compression and i have seen a few guys using this ecu for MK2 supra
    So wondering if they have a dedicated base map for these engines?
    I see they have the 7MGE & 7MGTE listed so guess the 7mge would be pretty similar to the 5M with regards to ignition timing and fuelling.

https://www.ecumaster.co.uk/emu-black

Can any of you guys who have used the ECUMASTER confirm if there is a 5m base map available. I have tried their chat feature on their website but wasn't able to confirm with euro spec and the Uk site doesn't have the tech chat feature

It'll be Supercharged but want to get the car running Naturally aspirated first with the AFM deleted, Using the AEM Uego Wideband lambda (4.9 LSU) so once wired in to the ecu, along with a ECUMASTER Knock sensor as my Engine doesn't have one. It has the tapped boss between cylinders 3 & 4 But not sure if the hole is drilled through? Can anyone confirm.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

It's VE based you shouldn't need much of a base map to get it to run.

CelicaSupra.com Member Funkycheeze's Avatar
    Most people that run EMU BLACK (like me) do so because they have a engine swap like a 7M or 2JZ. The pickups on a 5M are going to be quite a bit different from a 7M so a base map for 7M won't work and you will need to make your own wiring harness and adapter harness to get it to work in the car. Additionally unless you are planning to turbo the engine it won't make any more power than on the stock ECU.
    '84 P-type, 5spd, Super red, black/grey leather - 2JZGTE swap, Precision 6262 on cast manifold, ECUmaster black with 875cc/min injectors, 465 WHP at 17 psi, built R154 with OS Giken twin plate, one piece driveshaft with 1310 joints, Truetrac with 3.73 R&P, 450 lb/in front coilovers, 300lb/in rear springs, Image BBM wheels 17x8 and 18x10, 4 corner BBK, AGX shocks, Whiteline bars, poly bushings, T3 GTX2 front control and steering arms etc. etc.

5. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Funkycheeze View Post
    Most people that run EMU BLACK (like me) do so because they have a engine swap like a 7M or 2JZ. The pickups on a 5M are going to be quite a bit different from a 7M so a base map for 7M won't work and you will need to make your own wiring harness and adapter harness to get it to work in the car. Additionally unless you are planning to turbo the engine it won't make any more power than on the stock ECU.
    Ahh thanks for the reply. Yeah, it's going to be supercharged, but want to get it running N/A first and then get the gremlins ironed out.
    I have contacted the UK supplier, and they have Talked with the US division, and they have confirmed there Isn't a base map available for the 5MGE. Therefore i'll be working from scratch with them on it.
    I do have plans on going Coil on Plug, and deleting the Dizzy/ igniter, but baby steps. Looking forward to getting it booked in!

CelicaSupra.com Member
    Hi Ox,
    I like the direction you are heading with the mod and am very interested in your results. Your pioneering spirit is admirable and I might be riding your coattails. I have a 6M build in the works and would be so happy if it could run on something better than the OEM ECU.

David

CelicaSupra.com Member SupraFiend's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkycheeze View Post
    Additionally unless you are planning to turbo the engine it won't make any more power than on the stock ECU.
    Typical talkin out of his ass Turbo owner BS

If this were an NA build with all the bolt ons, he would actually see something like a 20%+ increase in total output, thanks to ditching the stock AFM and being able to tune a proper 12-13:1 fuel curve from the 10:1 crap the stock ECU will stick you with once you upgrade everything.

But you can relax, he's supercharging.
    Black 86 mk2 Project Car
    New SDR 86 mk2 Daily User, Highway Cruiser AND Parking Lot Abuser in the works!

CelicaSupra.com Member Funkycheeze's Avatar
    Ok well if he does some bolt-on stuff of course it will work better than a stock ECU...

And I'll keep my turbo 2J stuff thanks =D
    '84 P-type, 5spd, Super red, black/grey leather - 2JZGTE swap, Precision 6262 on cast manifold, ECUmaster black with 875cc/min injectors, 465 WHP at 17 psi, built R154 with OS Giken twin plate, one piece driveshaft with 1310 joints, Truetrac with 3.73 R&P, 450 lb/in front coilovers, 300lb/in rear springs, Image BBM wheels 17x8 and 18x10, 4 corner BBK, AGX shocks, Whiteline bars, poly bushings, T3 GTX2 front control and steering arms etc. etc.

We have been over this to death, but adapter harnesses are not a great idea for 5m's as the wires are so old and crispy. Start from scratch. That's my plan anyway. You can use the pickups in our distributors easily enough, or use a trigger wheel on the crank if you want as well.

I also have an ecumaster black for some time now, planning on putting it on my 5m and eventually turbo 6m. I have not figured out many specifics yet, too many projects going on. The US guy is super cool and has a fassssst 1j mk3, seems to be able to figure about anything out. I'm happy to assist or tag along for the ride.
    Hidden Content 86 parts car maybe some day race car? 3x cars, 36x brake caliper pistons.
    "You need to update your signature Gamble" - Dave

Quote Originally Posted by gamble View Post
    We have been over this to death, but adapter harnesses are not a great idea for 5 m's as the wires are so old and crispy. Start from scratch. That's my plan anyway. You can use the pickups in our distributors easily enough, or use a trigger wheel on the crank if you want as well.

I also have an ecumaster black for some time now, planning on putting it on my 5m and eventually turbo 6m. I have not figured out many specifics yet, too many projects going on. The US guy is super cool and has a fassssst 1j mk3, seems to be able to figure about anything out. I'm happy to assist or tag along for the ride.
    Ahh nice, yeah i'm starting with a new adapter harness to wire in.
    Although half tempted to go with their Power Management unit and ditch all the wiring and Relays/ fuses etc. I have continuity tested all the wires going to the ect so it could be wired in to the harness pretty easily. Kinda that conundrum of spending too much money and not driving it for years, or getting it wired in and driving it! I really need to drive it. Been 5 years now
    One thing i'm trying to find out, is the dizzy timing sensor specs. I'll go Coil on plug eventually, so it will be just for timing purposes, so rotor arm and cap will be gone. Just wondering if i can put a pick up on the actual cam itself? Was also considering having a crank timing sensor on the flywheel - like Nissans. For the power i'll be running i doubt it's needed though.

IMO don't worry about the power management unit, it won't do anything extra for you unless your car has wiring issues right now. It is awesome tech though, I love the idea of it for a car that needs a full rewire anyway. As for adapter harness to your old crusty harness, make sure you've taken off all insulation and checked condition of every inch of the thing or you're going to be chasing gremlins. For me if i'm already going through that trouble, i'd rather just run fresh wires and thin out the harness as much as possible.

Dizzy timing is not too hard to figure out, you can pull the cap off of it and see the pickups right in there. Check out this page for lots of great info:
    https://www.diyautotune.com/support/...-toyota-supra/
    Hidden Content 86 parts car maybe some day race car? 3x cars, 36x brake caliper pistons.
    "You need to update your signature Gamble" - Dave

Thread Information