2j2ge swap parts list

CelicaSupra.com Member

2j2ge swap parts list

My buddy has a 2003 Is300 with a GE I cant seem to find a list of everything needed for the swap, Can you guys point me in the right direction? info so far of things needed im told are

engine
    tranny for bell housing
    engine harness
    ecu
    engine mount kit

anything else ill need or need to purchase elsewhere? also I read something about tranny non and lsd versions and something about certain ecu that don't have some theft wire? Sorry confused,

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

CelicaSupra.com Member Funkycheeze's Avatar
    https://www.google.ca/search?source=...ra.com+jz+swap

There is lots of good information on this site. Use google to search it.
    '84 P-type, 5spd, Super red, black/grey leather - 2JZGTE swap, Precision 6262 on cast manifold, ECUmaster black with 875cc/min injectors, 465 WHP at 17 psi, built R154 with OS Giken twin plate, one piece driveshaft with 1310 joints, Truetrac with 3.73 R&P, 450 lb/in front coilovers, 300lb/in rear springs, Image BBM wheels 17x8 and 18x10, 4 corner BBK, AGX shocks, Whiteline bars, poly bushings, T3 GTX2 front control and steering arms etc. etc.

CelicaSupra.com Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkycheeze View Post
    https://www.google.ca/search?source=...ra.com+jz+swap

There is lots of good information on this site. Use google to search it.
    thanks! that will help large as I seem to have issues using the search option directly here, but adding site:celicasupra.com in google then what I am looking for works awesome!

5. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

CelicaSupra.com Member wagzilla's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BILLY_GTS View Post
    My buddy has a 2003 Is300 with a GE I cant seem to find a list of everything needed for the swap, Can you guys point me in the right direction? info so far of things needed im told are

engine
    tranny for bell housing
    engine harness
    ecu
    engine mount kit

anything else ill need or need to purchase elsewhere? also I read something about tranny non and lsd versions and something about certain ecu that don't have some theft wire? Sorry confused,
    A/C adapors fuel lines fuel filter power steering lines new heater hoses new radiator hoses maybe transmission cross member?? New drive shaft?
    if you have a bitch, have a fix, or don't bitch?

Just did this swap. Ask any specifics you want.
    The 2J swap bible is geared toward a GTE swap not a GE swap. Don't let that confuse you.
    In general for going into an 83:
    W58 Clutch/Flywheel set up: Search for 5-speen sc300 for flywheel and clutch.
    Engine mount adapters and use transmission mounts for the adapters to crossmember.
    Stock ECU with harness. Need immobilizer or immobilizer delete and Automatic Trans simulator. I have an extra ecu with required immobilizer. I don't have an extra automatic transmission emulator.
    Power steeing pump/hose: I have the Drift motion powersteeing line. I have hears that a Celica GTS powersteering pump and lines will work as well.
    Alternator wiring is routed differently.
    Electric fans
    Return fuel rail from an early 2JZ.
    Activating the stock fuel pump relay.
    Trans mount is the same is staying w58.
    Throughout bearing, pivot bearing and clutch fork for the SC300 5 speed. I have an extra pivot bearing.
    ECU mounting location since the stock mounting location is in the engine compartment.
    Tach adapter
    All 4 O2 sensors if staying with stock ECU. Evap VSVs if staying stock ECU.
    EWDs for both vehicles.
    Various fittings and couplers for adapting lines/hoses to the car.
    Other stuff I am sure but with that you can get it up and running.
    Terra Cotta '83 2JZGE W58
    Black '86 Shell - For sell
    Hidden Content - Hidden Content - Hidden Content - Hidden Content - Hidden Content - Hidden Content

CelicaSupra.com Member SupraFiend's Avatar
    Thats a fantastic motor, and Darrow's swap is awesome (got to try it a couple weeks ago!), but the electronics side of this swap is a little daunting. Since you haven't actually acquired the motor yet, consider getting a 92-97 2jzge. The wiring and electronics side is way simpler, and you will get pretty similar peak HP\torque numbers, but less mid/lowrange power. I really like the later vvti 2jz, but dealing with OBD2 and the ECTSi throttle body is a challenge. But Darrow figured it out if you want to follow in his foot steps! The motor availability is certainly better for the IS motor currently.

Another option is there are years of that motor without the immobilizer, and technically there should be a JDM manual one too. But thats like the 97-99s, JDM only. Our sc300 never got this motor in manual, and the is300 started in 2000 so they are all immoblizered, and the manuals didn't come till later (and are insanely rare and expensive).
    Black 86 mk2 Project Car
    New SDR 86 mk2 Daily User, Highway Cruiser AND Parking Lot Abuser in the works!

He may have the engine and donar car from his buddy. If his buddy is willing to give up all the pieces for the swap it is no more difficult than the non-VVTI swap.
    I would gestimate and aditional $1k for the extras after you get the engine and transmission.
    Terra Cotta '83 2JZGE W58
    Black '86 Shell - For sell
    Hidden Content - Hidden Content - Hidden Content - Hidden Content - Hidden Content - Hidden Content

CelicaSupra.com Member SupraFiend's Avatar
    Mechanically maybe...
    Black 86 mk2 Project Car
    New SDR 86 mk2 Daily User, Highway Cruiser AND Parking Lot Abuser in the works!

Thread Information