Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

Adjustible rear lowering springs on Yahoo japan

4K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  SupraFiend 
#1 ·
#6 ·
what set up do you guys think might be better for street and improved handling and maintain ride quality? Want to lower car with minimal gap not into rolling fenders ect… but want the least rough ride as possible too, I guess everything has a trade off but I guess if you guys have any of these set up you would know best with trying to achieve something close to what I want,

Megan, BC racing,Gecko (coilovers with a separate spring and shock.)
T3, Stance, Ceika (coil over shock setup in the rear)
KYB struts/shocks with Dobson King springs

#7 ·
I am considering the same conversion as you. The one point of concern for coil over shock in the rear is that the top tower mount is already a bit weak on the body so adding stress to it without reinforcement would certainly cause metal fatigue in short order.

#8 ·
Any serious changes in rear ride height will require a serious camber mod to bring the toe and camber back in line. Our stupid IRS changes geometry dramatically with small ride height changes.

Keep in mind all rear springs for our car are 1 way adjustable already. The ol angle grinder can adjust them to whatever height you want ;)

#11 ·
Even an inch is enough to get the camber messed up. The toe is adjustable under the car, but you need to do some custom modification to the subframe to fix the camber and make it adjustable.

#14 ·
sorry I know I ask a lot of question I should use google more yes, I sometimes I get mind F***ed looking at a million different pages of things to make a list of everything I need to restore this Dragon or I guess I just don't know what to look for or don't know things like this mod even exist, Im trying to be educated to not sound so stupid as I guess I can be annoying askin things ppl ask you guys all the time or you guys already know as common knowledge, Im addicted to the car and im trying to maybe absorb too much to fast, My A.D.D is a mile a minute sometimes, im not annoying in person :) lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.