Adjustible rear lowering springs on Yahoo japan - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    CelicaSupra.com Member Funkycheeze's Avatar
    Even an inch is enough to get the camber messed up. The toe is adjustable under the car, but you need to do some custom modification to the subframe to fix the camber and make it adjustable.
    '84 P-type, 5spd, Super red, black/grey leather - 2JZGTE swap, Precision 6262 on cast manifold, ECUmaster black with 875cc/min injectors, 465 WHP at 17 psi, built R154 with OS Giken twin plate, one piece driveshaft with 1310 joints, Truetrac with 3.73 R&P, 450 lb/in front coilovers, 300lb/in rear springs, Image BBM wheels 17x8 and 18x10, 4 corner BBK, AGX shocks, Whiteline bars, poly bushings, T3 GTX2 front control and steering arms etc. etc.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

CelicaSupra.com Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkycheeze View Post
    Even an inch is enough to get the camber messed up. The toe is adjustable under the car, but you need to do some custom modification to the subframe to fix the camber and make it adjustable.
    man what a pain... what would I need to modify on the subframe?

Billy I admire your enthusiasm but you'd make a lot of headway by making google work for you.

https://www.google.com/search?client...QuJApMQ4dUDCAo
    Dean L.
    1985 Toyota Supra - Hidden Content
    2000 Lexus LS400
    2007 Lexus LX470

5. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

CelicaSupra.com Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanfun View Post
    Billy I admire your enthusiasm but you'd make a lot of headway by making google work for you.

https://www.google.com/search?client...QuJApMQ4dUDCAo
    sorry I know I ask a lot of question I should use google more yes, I sometimes I get mind F***ed looking at a million different pages of things to make a list of everything I need to restore this Dragon or I guess I just don't know what to look for or don't know things like this mod even exist, Im trying to be educated to not sound so stupid as I guess I can be annoying askin things ppl ask you guys all the time or you guys already know as common knowledge, Im addicted to the car and im trying to maybe absorb too much to fast, My A.D.D is a mile a minute sometimes, im not annoying in person lol

CelicaSupra.com Member SupraFiend's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BILLY_GTS View Post
    what is the lowest drop you suggest without screwing up the toe and camber?
    sadly, half an inch. A 1 inch drop has tolerable levels of bad tire wear, and doesn't look too stupid, but still less then ideal. The ol Eibachs, and the Dobsons keep it in this range and work fairly well. The old ST springs, and anything coil over or cut quickly gets you to the 2+ inch range. I'm at a 2.6 inch drop, and I've been running my car like that for about a decade. I've had the weld in camber brackets sitting in a box for almost the same amount of time. Every year I intend to pull the entire subframe out and finally deal with it, but it always gets delayed and I end up running another autox season with a stupid rear end that can't put power down properly and eats tires. Its on my todo list this season again...
    Black 86 mk2 Project Car
    New SDR 86 mk2 Daily User, Highway Cruiser AND Parking Lot Abuser in the works!

Thread Information