A/C Fan Troubles

A/C Fan Troubles

Hi all,

Recently my A/C fan seems to have given out. Whats strange is that I can still hear the fan spin but it sounds almost as if its has fallen off the blower motor. When I turn the fan on at any speed no air comes from the vents and all I can her is a soft and slow klunk.. klunk.. klunk.. klunk.. coming from the dash.

Unfortunately it will be a while before I have anytime to get up under the dash to see what the issue is for myself but I wanted to reach out to you all to see if anyone has had a similar experience.

Also while I'm here does anyone know where to get the weatherstripping for the driver and passenger windows or if its possible to make your own?

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

CelicaSupra.com Member wagzilla's Avatar
    see if you have air coming out your defrost vent. maybe a bad blend air door.

James
    if you have a bitch, have a fix, or don't bitch?

Pull the blower motor out and inspect. It's below the glove box on the right hand side. May just have had an animal build a next orvsomething.

5. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

I had similar issue. Original blower motor. eventually failed Brushes wore out - black carbon all over squirrel cage. New blower motor did the trick. Just a heads up, though. I was able to extract the blower motor with no modifications, a bit of patience and a few cuss words, but putting the new one in was a different story. There is a firewall mounted bolt and nut that extends a little over the blower housing. I ended up cutting off the end of it after an hour of fighting it. My recommendation is to do it first.

CelicaSupra.com Member supra_toy's Avatar
    I've had the plastic squirrel cage spin right off the motor, the only thing holding the shaft to the plastic impeller is a "D" shaped impression in the bore of the plastic fan.

So if the fan motor is spinning but the fan isn't it's likely the plastic has melted around the shaft. If its the brushes i've had luck putting in new brushes...

will
    "Betty" 85 Supra. LJM front strut bar, custom rear bar, Addcos sway f/r, Tokico f/r, Eibachs springs, and full PST bushing kit, Cusco camber plates, RC intake w/custom cold air & K&N filter, JK short shifter, MKIII 10 blade radiator fan, SS break lines, RC SS clutch line, Russel quick bleeders, custom stereo.
    "Karmen" 85 Supra. RC TB and intake. Bored out AFM, Magnaflow cat. soon new stock brake lines and muffler.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Yes,one can find and replace a brushed motor with a set of brushes,instead of buying a new motor.
    I did that on my leaf blower and my table saw. Got'em from Ebay. 8 bucks.
    Dave in Seattle. I keep LATE hours.Hidden Content
    '84 type "L" ,Auto ,daily driver. Dk blue.

Thread Information