1986 Survivor on eBay

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    CelicaSupra.com Member bshapton's Avatar

1986 Survivor on eBay

https://www.ebay.com/itm/143434123146

With a rare 'survivor' "You can't pay too much , you can only buy too soon" ... and get a few extra years of enjoyment. Better than money in the bank, eh!

86classic5.jpg

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

84K and an Automatic hmmm...$8-$10K car IMO...
    Regards,
    Arch
    '86 Supra MA67
    Brullen 2.5" Exhaust, HKS Fly w/7MGE clutch,ST Springs, RC Intake & TB, 2.8GT & XX emblems, Factory Add on Rear Shoulder belts, Pioneer DEH-P2000 AM/FM/CD w/CDS-P5000 CD Player, Compomotive CXNs 8x16

Quote Originally Posted by AJ View Post
    84K and an Automatic hmmm...$8-$10K car IMO...
    Thanks! Auto means it hasn't been beat on.

5. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

CelicaSupra.com Member
    It's odd how the window sticker shows such low MPGs. My 1985 auto got 30 MPGs on it's way from New Jersey to Massachusetts and that was in a heavy rain storm . One of the reasons I love my 1985 , it is very economical to drive.

CelicaSupra.com Member Atl_Racer's Avatar
    For that amount the car should be flawless.
    Tommy
    86 HKS powered 6MGTE

Quote Originally Posted by AJ View Post
    84K miles and an Automatic hmmm...$8-$10K car IMO...
    Is yours available? What do you want for it? Pics please.

CelicaSupra.com Member
    One big reason to love the automatics, Not beat up and the OD really gets you great MPGs. Plus they shift into gears faster than a speeding bullet.

CelicaSupra.com Member
    Come on guys and girl, a rising tide lifts and MkII!

In addition, it has stuck me with a sliver of doubt about the wisdom of converting mi MkII from A43DE to steel plate W58. Or perhaps my state of Commifornia has just infected me with a too liberal view of things and I have always been overly susceptible to impression.

In any event, best of luck and best wishes.

Quote Originally Posted by ToyodaSup View Post
    Or perhaps my state of Commifornia has just infected me with a too liberal view of things and I have always been overly susceptible to impression.
    No, you're probably just starting to exhibit symptoms of old age. Logic and wisdom are early signs.

A manual transmission is part of the fun factor and nostalgia of classic cars. We of a certain age, grew up and learned to drive a stick. Buying a classic car is mostly about recapturing those feelings or perhaps achieving a dream of a car one only wished they could afford back when they were in high school. When the stars align for most people is somewhere between 55 and 65, the kids have finished college (and hopefully majored in something marketable), the mortgage is finally paid off, they're in a management role at work bringing home the biggest paycheck they ever will, up to five weeks of vacation a year and still in reasonably good health. But that last factor is fleeting.

I have my other foot in the Corvette world, which has much older collectors, and every spring, more than a couple of the local club members show up with a brand new C7. I'll ask, "What happened to your C2?" Response is invariably "Well, after my <hip/knee> replacement surgery, I couldn't operate the clutch anymore and it was getting harder to get down on the floor to work under it so a new C7 with an automatic transmission and a warranty sounded like a pretty good idea." Mark my words. One of these days, we're all going to be in the same boat. Geriatric old farts sitting around our senior living community griping about how we can't drive our mk2s anymore and wishing we had an automatic. And if it doesn't happen to you, its not because you're still as stubborn as you are today, rather it means you died early.

We've documented how to do a 5sp swap here on the forum. Buy the pampered automatic, swap it now while you are in your mid 50s, but keep all the parts. Then you can swap it back (or pay some young mechanic to do it) and continue driving it when you are in your late 70s.
    Phil D.
    85 Silver 6m-gte, completed 2000

"I always observe the speed limit. I see those DAMNED signs everywhere."

Bob, no disregard intended...it is a beautiful car (unaltered stock) I would expect the price to end up in that $$ territory. I should of stated that is what I would pay not what it would sell for.

My car is a daily driver over 159k and probably only worth $1500 but has provided over 30 years of enjoyment...
    Regards,
    Arch
    '86 Supra MA67
    Brullen 2.5" Exhaust, HKS Fly w/7MGE clutch,ST Springs, RC Intake & TB, 2.8GT & XX emblems, Factory Add on Rear Shoulder belts, Pioneer DEH-P2000 AM/FM/CD w/CDS-P5000 CD Player, Compomotive CXNs 8x16

Thread Information