85 Supra for sale in Dallas

CelicaSupra.com Member

85 Supra for sale in Dallas

Hey all

There's a really nice supra for sale at Classic BMW in Plano, TX. For those in the DFW area this is the same dealer who used to host cars and coffee each month. (which come to find out they are starting it back up next month...woot!). Anyway I went to the dealer last Saturday to check it out. I wanted to get y'alls opinion on the car and value. I'm awfully tempted to buy it. Here's a link to the ad and pictures.
    https://www.classicbmw.com/auto/preo...o-tx/41860668/

Here are my impressions.

-Very desirable MKII P-Type. 85 in SDR. 5 speed. Sunroof. One owner car. 132k miles. Bone stock.

-Paint is nice. Fender flares are little chipped and scuffed. Some clear coat peeling on top of the rear deck spolier. Billboard sticker was replaced and now sits above trunk key hole. Makes think the car was repainted at some point.

-Missing a piece of trim on back quarter panel window. Looks like a water channel piece.

-Motor fired right up. Idles higher than it should even after warm up. Cold idle was at 2100 rpm and warm ide is about 1500. Little ticking coming from valve covers on cold start. Went away after warm up. Maybe a stuck lifter/lash adjuster?

-Drove very nice. No weird noises or anything.
    Clutch engagement was a bit high. Concern it's on its way out. Shifted fine and no slippage through the gears.

-Interior is almost perfect. Typical wear on shift boot.

-Couldn't find rust anywhere. Looked in hatch under spare tire and wheel well area.

-Hasn't been registered or regularly driven since 2011. Stored away during that time. Salesman said car was occasionally driven to maintain it.

-Dealer is asking $8750.

Thanks!

Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

Cool

Clear coat peeling ? repainted ! The original SDR was single stage paint, no clear coat.
    (I know I did the same to be able to buff the car for longer period of time)

There is always people that will tell you 'Oh, I got mine rust free, for 1500$'
    Well they got supra lucky !
    I personnaly think that an unmolested car, close to original, minimum wear inside, rust free with all mouldings is worth that.
    A 5 speed even more desireable.
    If you have the $$ for it, and want it, don't wait too long, as it will sell probaly go pretty fast (even if it's not the good time of year)
    As many have seen, the clean ones go for more and more $$

Edit:
    that missing quater upper molding should be easy to find, they never fail / rust.
    the only thing that would get me nervous is that red wire by the Batt+ terminal.
    -Jocelyn,
    P85-6MGE SDR(HKS kit c/w IC and F-Con in a box) 225KKm, NAL seats, 2.5 Brullen, ACT clutch, LJM, SS lines, Trip Computer. EuroH4
    P85-5MGE SDR had 439KKm (for 17 years my daily driver, RIP...), 2002 E39 ///M5 LMB Hidden Content
    Hidden Content Hidden Content

Shoot, if i had 8 grand lying around i'd go get that bad boy. I live about 2 hours east of Dallas. My only issue with it is that its red. lol
    If you aint first, you're last. -Ricky Bobby's Dear Ol Daddy.

5. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

CelicaSupra.com Member
    I decided to pass on this one and focus on completing the car I have. But I hope this one goes to a good home. Someone on here should snatch this up and make sure it's preserved and maintained well.

Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk

That thing reminds me of my car when i got it. Same miles, same condition, nice to see what the pricing would be for insurance.
    Hidden Content 86 parts car maybe some day race car? 3x cars, 36x brake caliper pistons.
    "You need to update your signature Gamble" - Dave

Thread Information