Greetings from across the pond

Greetings from across the pond

Here’s my ‘new’ toy:

I’m not new to Celica Supra ownership as I had an ’84 in the mid-eighties. I loved the car, but reluctantly sold it to help fund my motor racing.

Now I’m too old to race (without embarrassing myself), I’ve found another: a rather nice one, I think.

For now, the car doesn’t want for anything – absolutely everything works 100% – but one not-so-fine day I may be along here looking for help.

Meanwhile, do also have a look-see on Instagram: @celica_supra_85

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

CelicaSupra.com Member Celicasteve68's Avatar
    Congratulations, I know this immaculate Supra very well indeed. It's Paul Robinson's former beauty and I am so glad that it's in the hands of a true enthusiast. This Supra has had everything done to original standard and has been cared for meticulously.
    Hidden Content Sufferer of an incurable disease called Celica-supralitus. Also lifelong OCD ( Obesessive Cleaning Disorder ).

Hidden Content

wow wow and rewow!
    Always a pleasure for the eyes to see such a clean one.

Welcome, and it's always nice to hang around, always things to learn / and help younger ones.
    -Jocelyn,
    P85-6MGE SDR(HKS kit c/w IC and F-Con in a box) 225KKm, NAL seats, 2.5 Brullen, ACT clutch, LJM, SS lines, Trip Computer. EuroH4
    P85-5MGE SDR had 439KKm (for 17 years my daily driver, RIP...), 2002 E39 ///M5 LMB Hidden Content
    Hidden Content Hidden Content

5. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Celicasteve68 View Post
    Congratulations, I know this immaculate Supra very well indeed. It's Paul Robinson's former beauty and I am so glad that it's in the hands of a true enthusiast. This Supra has had everything done to original standard and has been cared for meticulously.
    Ha, yes indeed and thanks. I will be a keeper, that’s for sure.

Posting pics here seems to be problematic: I’ll post one of my first Celica Supra on Insta.

It was (and is) a funny beast: never half as fast as it looks. I bought my first one to replace a Golf GTi, thinking a 50% larger engine might provide some extra go. It didn’t. In fact, its performance on autobahns was really quite disappointing. In the end, however, none of that mattered because of the car’s killer looks. Clearly, no one here will disagree on that. There have been the odd occasions over the past decades when a Japanese manufacturer got the look of a car just right. This, in my eyes, is one of those few.

It was (and is) an ever so cool-looking GT car. Most young people seem to see that, too. At a gas station the other day, two guys in their twenties working there stretched their necks to look; one asked; “Is that a Ferrari?”

Quote Originally Posted by RedP85 View Post
    wow wow and rewow!
    Always a pleasure for the eyes to see such a clean one.

Welcome, and it's always nice to hang around, always things to learn / and help younger ones.
    Thanks.

I note you’re based in Montréal. It so happens I’m Canadian and lived down the road in Ottawa for several years, so I know your great city quite well.

Congratulations !!! Very nice car, well come to the "original" world !!!

CelicaSupra.com Member Celicasteve68's Avatar
    I totally agree with you ! I fell in love with its looks when I was 15 years old and like yourself had been searching one for years but was worried about insurance at a young age. Like you, I settled for a 1986 XR2, although it drove great, it never had that "Killer Look".

I fell in love with your car at various shows and I had a 1989 Celica and shared many stories with Paul. The history of your Supra is amazing and myself and Paul have spent many hours just staring at our Supras from all angles.

I only have facebook, but I would love to see the photo of your first Supra, but I don't use Instagram, so I'll wait till you work out how to post more on here, in the meantime there's this :

Hidden Content Sufferer of an incurable disease called Celica-supralitus. Also lifelong OCD ( Obesessive Cleaning Disorder ).

Hidden Content

CelicaSupra.com Member SupraFiend's Avatar
    Gorgous car, welcome to the board!

You can use the forums built in image hosting too, its in the Go Advanced posting section.
    Black 86 mk2 Project Car
    New SDR 86 mk2 Daily User, Highway Cruiser AND Parking Lot Abuser in the works!

Thread Information