will 7M bolt up to W58 in '85 body?

will 7M bolt up to W58 in '85 body?

Good day everyone,

Advice/opinion shopping...

After reading some other threads about parts availability for 5M series (and experiencing it as well), I am wondering if I might be smarter to upgrade to a 7M?
    I am currently running a 5MGE in an '85 supra. I have done a rebuild on the motor-but only to/with stock specs/parts. I runs pretty good-but compared to my 07 Acura TL-S, 6 speed-its kinda.... "meh". LOL
    I was looking to see if the w58 will bolt up? I just had mine rebuilt by awesome guy-runs beautiful-hate to lose it if I decide to switch. Also-if anyone can point me to a thread covering 7MGE into an '85-I would be super grateful....

THANKS to everyone BTW....this forum is a fantastic resource!

-EK
    Admin-sorry if I messed up posting in turbo forum-seemed like closest match-but please move to correct place at your discretion/convenience.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

CelicaSupra.com Member Funkycheeze's Avatar
    Yes it will bolt up to the M bellhousing on the W58. If you want better parts availability perhaps a 2JZ-GE swap would be better? It is a lot more complex but a much more modern NA inline 6.
    '84 P-type, 5spd, Super red, black/grey leather - 2JZGTE swap, Precision 6262 on cast manifold, ECUmaster black with 875cc/min injectors, 465 WHP at 17 psi, built R154 with OS Giken twin plate, one piece driveshaft with 1310 joints, Truetrac with 3.73 R&P, 450 lb/in front coilovers, 300lb/in rear springs, Image BBM wheels 17x8 and 18x10, 4 corner BBK, AGX shocks, Whiteline bars, poly bushings, T3 GTX2 front control and steering arms etc. etc.

Kinda looking that way....

Thread Information