Rear Sunshade/spoiler

Rear Sunshade/spoiler

Hi, I’m after Upper sunshade/spoiler. Will organise all freight.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

CelicaSupra.com Member supra_toy's Avatar
    color, location?
    "Betty" 85 Supra. LJM front strut bar, custom rear bar, Addcos sway f/r, Tokico f/r, Eibachs springs, and full PST bushing kit, Cusco camber plates, RC intake w/custom cold air & K&N filter, JK short shifter, MKIII 10 blade radiator fan, SS break lines, RC SS clutch line, Russel quick bleeders, custom stereo.
    "Karmen" 85 Supra. RC TB and intake. Bored out AFM, Magnaflow cat. soon new stock brake lines and muffler.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Black. New Zealand. Pre facelift (upper only)

5. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

Will organise all freight and email documents/address tickets to attach from my end.

CelicaSupra.com Member supra_toy's Avatar
    Have you considered just making/having made your own? The rear upper sun shade spoiler is pretty rare, and having it shipped would be super expensive and risky. I think with a sheet of plexi and some practice you could make a passable knock off...

will

I have several sunshade/spoilers in my parts stash and some have a stud in the middle to fasten through the rear window glass, others didn't. I've stripped down a few '82/'83 rusted hulks in years past with the large upper spoiler/sunshade and noticed that some came with the middle fastener and some did not.
    My Supras that I own and drive are all '84 and '85 with the double upper/spoilers versus the sunshade/spoiler on the '82/'83 Supras so I never really paid attention to which model year had the middle fastener on the earlier Supras.
    I do recall that someone here on the forum said that they mounted one that originally had the middle fastener onto a hatch without the hole in the glass for it and that it cracked and broke the spoiler when they were cruising at highway speeds ostensibly because that middle stud wasn't fastened to the glasshole.

In other words, I need to know if your hatch has a glasshole or no so I know whether you need the sunshade with the stud or no.
    Dave Harrison

current lineup and year acquired:

'85 white Mark2 7mgte 5sp 1988
    '85 white Mark2 7mgte Auto 2009
    '84 maroon Mark2 6mge 5sp 2013
    '86 red Mark2 7mgte 5sp 2016
    '85 black Mark2 6m Frankenmotor 5sp 2017

I’ve got a 84 facelift model so I guess neither is actually suited but I would surely be able to fit either in some way right? If anyone has experience in doing so advise would also be appreciated.

Here’s image of back hatch. Looks like it had Louvres at some stage?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information