SAFC II Wiring writeup - Page 2

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    CelicaSupra.com Member CRF_Rider's Avatar
    It does display knock in real time

It will not automatically adjust your A/F ratio according to knock

Adjusting your AF ratio outside of a wideband will at the least not get you the peak performance or worst sieze your engine.

What application is this going on? I assume you either have a turbo conversion on your MKII or have dropped in a 7MGTE.
    Mark
    88 T 5spd SR (SOLD)
    Hidden Content
    85P 5M-GTE (Now with another owner)
    Hidden Content
    It's "ORE-GUN" not "ORA-GONE"

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

Yes well not everyone can afford to go to the dyno, but I was more referring to intial settup of the car.

Anyhow yes I am turboing my 6M 8)

Sweet. Make sure and take pics. Hope all goes well.
    Mark
    88 T 5spd SR (SOLD)
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

5. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

CelicaSupra.com Member 82TURBOSUPRA's Avatar
    Has anybody installed a SAFC II on a 82 supra,does it state in the instructions the min and max voltages that it can work with for the signal inputs.

I believe that function is pre-set depending on what type of Air sensor you chose. I dont think you should have any issues with an 82. The system is the same even though the wiring may be slightly different (which I doubt).

I just took a look at the manuel and I can not find any voltage specs. So it is either not translated (manuel is in japenese with (some) english translation) or it wasnt relased.
    Mark
    88 T 5spd SR (SOLD)
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

I posted the quick reference sheet for the SAFCII on my site (under the SAFCII page) if anyone wants to see all the setting and monitoring modes.

Later
    Mark
    88 T 5spd SR (SOLD)
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

What do you use for the sensor setting? Do you use hotwire, kharman vortex or what? Thanks,

Austin

I used Flap, 03,03 for sensor number. For car select I used 6CYL, Arrow to upper right.

Hope that helps.
    Mark
    88 T 5spd SR (SOLD)
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Ok I got everything hooked up but Im just having one problem. Now keep in mind that the car ran perfect before all this happened K :wink: Now the only thing wrong with the afc wiring is that my TPS reading is a constat 100%. I never checked the TPS before this, but I assume everythign was fine as it idled fine, never had any CEL's and never gave me problems what so ever. On the sensor check screen the TPS constantly shows a full value of like 4.9+ volts. I know that it runs off of a 0-5 volt range, which would explain why the TPS shows 100% when Im driving around and its in the display mode. Now I just dont understand why the TPS shows a constant full value.... I basically followed yoru instructions to a "T". However I think a few of the connection colors were different from teh 82-84 years, so I also double checked the wiring with that of a fellows off of the SOGI message board whom wired it up on a pre 85 MK2...

Thing is is that the car runs completely normal like this, the RPM's show perfect with it at the 6cyl progressive throttle setting, and Im using FLAP 03 03 as stated by you and the SOGI board. So I have a feeling that everything is hooked up correctly (as teh TPS is hooked into the middle connector, VTA black ECU wire as per both directions) but I just cant figure out why the voltage is constant 5? Any clues at all with this? Id appreciate any hlep you could give, as I know that when its comes time that I get everything on that this will most likely affect my tunign abbilities. Thanks.

Austin

The first thing I would do is pull the connector at the TPS switch and check it out with an ohm meter.

I must be one of 3 things.

You tapped into the wrong line

The TPS is bad

The SAFC is bad

I just did a sensor check. Mine reads from 0.35 at closed throttle to 4.1 at full throttle.

You can unplug the SAFC harness and check the voltage coming off that line just to make sure it is reading correct.

What year is your car?
    Mark
    88 T 5spd SR (SOLD)
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Thread Information