Front fender marker lights, and rear emblem for 83

Front fender marker lights, and rear emblem for 83

Hi, guys. I keep looking at pics and I'm not seeing very many with front fender marker lights in the moulding. Are these only on particular models? Are the moldings hard to replace with non-marker light versions? I see adhesive residue on several pics. Or, are the marker lights easily obtainable?

Also, the sticker is missing from my newly acquired 83. The previous owner said they were tired of cleaning all the wax out with a toothbrush, without knowing that I knew it was a sticker. Anyway, are the decals easily obtainable?

Sorry for the questions. I found a few parts sites, but without knowing the PNs this is going to be a long process.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

The marker lights on the fender in front of the wheel are 82-83 only. After 84 they moved to the wrap around lights. Those fender lights are common across many Toyotas and can be acquired from aftermarket or Toyota for not too much money. The moulding just snap in with a couple of clips if they are original. Later replacements used tape instead. The moulding interchange except for the obvious difference.

The early hatch decal is tough to source. The 84+ decal is pretty commonly reproduced everywhere. I think Bob Sharpton at one point had some of these made.

Ah, good to know about the marker lights. The lights are intact, it's just the foam type backing is all deteriorated.

5. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

Check eBay for the front fender lights usually not very expensive...
    Regards,
    Arch
    '86 Supra MA67
    Brullen 2.5" Exhaust, HKS Fly w/7MGE clutch,ST Springs, RC Intake & TB, 2.8GT & XX emblems, Factory Add on Rear Shoulder belts, Pioneer DEH-P2000 AM/FM/CD w/CDS-P5000 CD Player, Compomotive CXNs 8x16

Regards,
    Arch
    '86 Supra MA67
    Brullen 2.5" Exhaust, HKS Fly w/7MGE clutch,ST Springs, RC Intake & TB, 2.8GT & XX emblems, Factory Add on Rear Shoulder belts, Pioneer DEH-P2000 AM/FM/CD w/CDS-P5000 CD Player, Compomotive CXNs 8x16

Check confirm part numbers!!
    Regards,
    Arch
    '86 Supra MA67

Thanks, AJ. Found TYCs for $10 each shipped.

That helps rectify this situation:

Too bad the lenses are in such fantastic shape. But, at $10 each it isn't terrible.

Also, I ordered the rear emblem from Bob, so I should be good on this. Now I just need my interior bits.

Nice work!! Bob is a great forums member/vendor!!
    Regards,
    Arch
    '86 Supra MA67

Thread Information