Suicide Hose 16267-43010 - Page 2

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    CelicaSupra.com Member SupraFiend's Avatar
    Theres multiple hoses under the intake. Some are just a bitch to do anywhere or anyway.
    Black 86 mk2 Project Car
    New SDR 86 mk2 Daily User, Highway Cruiser AND Parking Lot Abuser in the works!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

CelicaSupra.com Member CarFreek's Avatar
    Yeah, the other one under intake is called a moth%$#*&er hose, If I remember the correct technical terminology
    86 SDR-"Shuttlecraft" 16" Drag dr-27 wheels, T3Coilover front, Camber Mod/Cut Springs rear, Poly Bushings all around, Whiteline sway bars, 13" bbk front, and 12" bbk rear, 1gz-fe V12 swap. 84 blue two tone 1uz swap. Whitelines and dobinsons and advanced iron oxide mass reduction.

CelicaSupra.com Member Dangerous Ken's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CarFreek
    Yeah, the other one under intake is called a moth%$#*&er hose, If I remember the correct technical terminology
    Great! Probably an air hose?
    (suicide close to the motor, then two others - moth%$#*&er hose #1 and moth%$#*&er hose #2)

Ken

5. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

CelicaSupra.com Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dangerous Ken
    Great! Probably an air hose?
    (suicide close to the motor, then two others - moth%$#*&er hose #1 and moth%$#*&er hose #2)

Ken

What,the tiny little bastards that go to the throttle body ?

84 P-type, 7mgte, too many other mods to list, 20k miles on the chassis. 83 L-type, 7mgte/A340 swap, again, to much to list. 85 P-type, basicaly stock, DD.

Quote Originally Posted by Junkie
    What,the tiny little bastards that go to the throttle body ?
    I relocated the TB hose that comes out of the ISCV and then bends around and runs beside the fuel rail and then down between two of teh runners. Now it just runs out of the iscv and curls around below the intake manifold and joins up. So much simpler and direct.
    Dean L.
    1985 Toyota Supra - Hidden Content
    2000 Lexus LS400
    2007 Lexus LX470

nope, theres at least 3 coolant lines that run under neath or through the intake. None of them are easy to get at.
    Black 86 mk2 Project Car

Quote Originally Posted by StanS
    Rich
    Any chance that u have a replacement p/n for the crankcase to drivers side valve cover hose?
    i think i do.. took 2 trips to the stealership i mean dealership for them to find it

this was on my 82 part # 17341-43030 cost$37.66 OUCH

CelicaSupra.com Member Supra_GT_R's Avatar
    how hard would it be to get steel bradied hoses to go in these tight spots? the only thing worse that chaging that hose is the top starter bolt, as they put a nut on the other end of the damn thing. my fix> do the bottom one up real tight and throw the top one away,
    87 turbo targa bone ass stock

For the suicide hose, how do you propose to secure it??? The rubber suicide hose is held in by some inexpensive clamps from the factory (unless you've changed your hose & upgraded the clamps), they DO NOT screw into the 2 ends. So now the hose is taken care of, but the 2 ends are now weaknesses (when was the last time you saw braided hoses held on the ends by clamps??).

Well at least all of the intake side ones usually last a long time and don't get covered in oil like the one on the exhaust side. You can get cloth braided hose btw Mr Eng, and you use just normal heater hose clamps to attach them. Its what toyota uses for factory oil lines for oil coolers.

Actually me and Slip have the starter and tranny removal process down to an art, not a challange for us anymore.

For the starter, what you do is jack up the back of the tranny (disconect the center bolts on the tranny crossmember first or you'll tear the mounts). This makes alot more room between the engine and firewall. Then you get one guy underneath with a wrench on the nut end, then another on top with 2 wrenchs to crack it, then one single rachet wrench to back it out. Voila, you should have both of them done in 5 minutes like that. You can get the top bellhousing bolts like that too.
    Black 86 mk2 Project Car

Thread Information