American Stitches leather wheel recovering

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

American Stitches leather wheel recovering

american stitches

They have done MK2 steering wheels and shift knobs on a previous group buy.

They now can make shift boots.

For steering wheels, the color match and stitching is the closest to factory I've seen.

Group Buy Pricing (quoted on 23.August.2005)

$229 @ 10 steering wheels.
    $201 @ 20 steering wheels.

$65 @10 shift knobs
    $55 @20 shift knobs.

$40 @10 shift boots
    $30 @20 shift boots.

Shipping not included.

Some side notes:
    • Group buy pricing is when they have all donors in house for recovering.
    • They have the closest matching maroon leather.
    • The steering wheel padding needs to match stock thickness.
      There has been some customer confusion about when they say "standard" padding, which is "like" factory. It's *not* the same thickness as Toyota. Seems we were not the only one's affected by this.
    • The prefer not to do console lid covers (requires dual stitching).
    • Example maroon MK2 wheel on their site
    Jim
    MK2 Geek Squad Member
    Hidden Content

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

CelicaSupra.com Member Marblehead's Avatar
    Jim, Would it be possible for them to make shorter shift boots to better work with your short shifter? Could these be part of their 10-20 count for pricing or would they need to have 10-20 of each specific size?

Rise up gather ‘round, rock this place to the ground.
    Scott
    '93 MKIV TT-Hardtop, 6spd, black BPU++
    '86 MKII-perpetual restoration
    '83 MKII-6Mmmmmmmmm
    '77 Celica GT Liftback

More dorky questions....

Can they also do Black again, but it would be in a seperate GP???

Shift Boots: Will they still need our metal hoops, or they can supply??

Would like to do a Maroon shift boot to go with the knob I have from 4 years ago.

If anyone wants to see personal pics of their products, LMK. I had two 84 - 86 wheels done (1 Black & 1 Maroon) on the last GP, and a Maroon knob. I still have the protective wrapping on my steering wheels, so I can only see so much of the stitching.

For those of you curious about how the knobs look, I have pictures posted here already in another thread. I would need to find them, I still have the pics in photobucket.

And just to confirm on the other "old" information that was still in effect from 4 years ago:

1. They still can't do Blue & Terra Cotta yet until they can get some accurate color samples, correct???

2. They still can't do 82/83 Steering wheels until someone can send one in, so that they can digitize the stitching pattern, correct???

I can help w/ the Terra Cotta color & the early steering wheel stuff, but it's going to be awhile before I can actively participate in this. Need to address the "I need a job/employment" problem first before I can do more.

5. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

First, I'll note that this is informational.

It's not a group buy, but I'm just providing the details.

Plus we can "shop and compare" between them and Alan Gunn, etc.

It would be any color they have in stock that matches.

For any other color, blue, terracotta, they would require a sample to match.

I don't see any reason why they couldn't do a shorter shift boot.

As for shift boot wire thingie, I did collect some. This might help.
    Or they might be able to do it.
    Jim
    MK2 Geek Squad Member
    Hidden Content

CelicaSupra.com Member OlSupraguy's Avatar

Arrow

DBDANIEL posted this on the console foam replacement thread under the Group Buys section:

"I just got off the phone with Alan Gun of Alan Gun Leather Accessories in Florida see website or call 1-800-780-4500 http://www.aglausa.com/
    He will offer 10% to website clubs like celicasupra.com with NO minimums so leather armrests shipped to him would be 10% off regular pricing, steering wheels, and he does shift boots also. If you decide to ship them something be sure you mention this post or put in a note mentioning celicasupra.com. They'll mail out samples of leather to you for insepction also. Ol Supra Guy can attesty to the quality I haven't had anything doen there yet, but my original sterring wheel and armreast and shift boot wil be on the way as soon as I get the leather sample from them.

I may be biased but Alan Gun does great work and his pricing and turnaround was better than what American Stitches quoted me about a year ago, when I needed my steering wheel recovered, ( I missed that group buy.) He can do any color if you send him a color sample or have a good color spot on your old item. Of course he can already do maroon, having redone my maroon wheel. (I sent Jim King a picture of my recovered wheel yesterday.) Alan used the correct baseball type stitching on my wheel, and added the right amount of foam padding underneath for the stock rim diameter. Alan's shop is in Ft Lauderdale, Fla, and he does a lot of work for owners of high end automobiles who are very particular about maintaining the stock look of their Porsces, BMWs, etc.
    Hidden Content Mike G. My 84 P type is a one owner car.
    And a money pit.

FYI, You can get good quality (Black only) shift boots on ebay from bonniebbuttons. I ordered one last week and it came in about 3 days. I didn't have to supply the wire or anything. I think it was $30 including shipping!!! Good quality too. No console covers though - Bill

I bought a blue shift boot and console cover from bonnie buttons, shift boot $30, and the console cover and additional leather to do the top of the door panels was $40. This is shipping included to Canada. Looks good, dont have the console cover installaed yet but will post pictures soon.

Updates: (and for the 2 of you that hijacked this thread about bonnie buttons.... ).

American Stitches has now changed/merged their name to Craft Customs. Location has changed as well, AS was located in Mesquite, TX & Craft Customs is now in Rockwall, TX.

Hopefully the same quality that they have done on their steering wheels & shift knobs in the past. I still have not seen the shift boots yet, so if anyone has pictures of theirs, please post one up.

I just reinstalled my burgundy steering wheel that was reskinned for me for Christmas by craftcustoms. It looks great. I will post pics as soon as I can get around to it.
    85 Toyota Celica Supra 7MGTE, Super Deep Red-Current
    85 Toyota Celica Supra, Dark Blue Metallic-Current
    85 Toyota Celica Supra, Super Silver Metallic-Gone but never forgotten

I thought I would upload some pics of my Supra's reskined steering wheel, shift boot and console lid. Craftcustoms.com did everything. My wife had these items done for Christmas this past year. In the pics the color may look a little off, but its just the camera, everything matches perfectly and looks beautiful. I def. recommend them to you all. Also I have replaced the dash pad with a new one b/c the old one had a huge crack in it. Slowly but surely, everything will be restored to new.

85 Toyota Celica Supra 7MGTE, Super Deep Red-Current
    85 Toyota Celica Supra, Dark Blue Metallic-Current
    85 Toyota Celica Supra, Super Silver Metallic-Gone but never forgotten

Thread Information