Turn Signal Mod - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Turn Signal Mod

CelicaSupra.com Member Angkistrodon's Avatar
    I Wonder if a mod similar to this can be done on the 83 and back style bumper?
    On the wrap-around turn signals do both the lights only flash when the signal is on, or does mini-bulb come on with the park-light?

Hidden Content

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

CelicaSupra.com Member supra_toy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by charles q View Post

If anybody knows of a 1157 socket that fits our cars be sure to post it - otherwise this works fine. Next project the foglamps!
    I found that the GM style socket (NAPA part #:787111 GM 3 wire) doesn't fit very well like you described (Used it on my red car anyway, after returning one that was defective out the box)

I found some perfect sockets for the 1157 2 filament bulbs, at Walmart of all places, good construction with a shallower mounting than the NAPA socket, and clearly better construction and gasket, at less that half the price! ($6.99 2/pc free shipping, arrived many days sooner than projected)..)sold by Tasharina Corp through Walmart

https://www.walmart.com/ip/1157-Bulb...2-Pcs/45515673

will
    Last edited by supra_toy; 02-12-2019 at 01:02 PM. Reason: Added napa part number
    "Betty" 85 Supra. LJM front strut bar, custom rear bar, Addcos sway f/r, Tokico f/r, Eibachs springs, and full PST bushing kit, Cusco camber plates, RC intake w/custom cold air & K&N filter, JK short shifter, MKIII 10 blade radiator fan, SS break lines, RC SS clutch line, Russel quick bleeders, custom stereo.
    "Karmen" 85 Supra. RC TB and intake. Bored out AFM, Magnaflow cat. soon new stock brake lines and muffler.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

CelicaSupra.com Member Zerodrag's Avatar
    There is actually an easier way to do this while retaining your factory socket housing, which requires a little bit of modding.

You would pick up a pair of 1157 dual filament pigtail connectors (similar to the pic below) and substitute it into the existing factory unit (wiring in the new low/high filament wires). On the dual filament bulb, you would need to cut off one of the side nubs so that you can fit it into the factory housing (cant remember off-hand if it is the high or low positioned one. it's been a long time since I've done this). You would then need to position the pigtail so that the correct connector on the pigtail matches up with your bulb connector (hi/lo filament). This involves rotating it until you get the correct positioning.

5. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

CelicaSupra.com Member supra_toy's Avatar
    in my case the factory socket housing was part of the problem.

I would recommend this upgrade to everyone.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/1157-Bulb...2-Pcs/45515673

current price $7.27, still a great deal...

Will
    "Betty" 85 Supra. LJM front strut bar, custom rear bar, Addcos sway f/r, Tokico f/r, Eibachs springs, and full PST bushing kit, Cusco camber plates, RC intake w/custom cold air & K&N filter, JK short shifter, MKIII 10 blade radiator fan, SS break lines, RC SS clutch line, Russel quick bleeders, custom stereo.
    "Karmen" 85 Supra. RC TB and intake. Bored out AFM, Magnaflow cat. soon new stock brake lines and muffler.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Thread Information