oh shit i love this site!!
    [INDENT]Hidden Content

[/SIGPIC] M.Sc chemical engineering,Biorefining Lignocellulosic Biomass
    D-xylose conversion to furfural with emulsion by hydrodynamic cavitation

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

CelicaSupra.com Member williamb82's Avatar
    the camry ignitor is a "smart" ignitor and controls the dwell itself. since im using the coils that go with this ignitor, when i upgrade to the ms3, ill be using the camry ignitor. i have a full extra set of coils and 4-5 igniters so i shouldnt have any issues. once ive upgraded to the ms3, if i have the money, i might put it on the dyno to tune the timing some more, but for fuel theres no need. as for datalogging, i just open the laptop and face the back of the screen to the back of the passenger seat and strap it in with the seatbelt. lol. works great. i of coarse star the log before i do, then when im done driving i stop it.
    william
    Black 84 7mgte/R154, MS2, truetrac, bbk, etc...soon to have 2jzgte and t56
    Blue 85 Beater. TRD Header, HKS Exhaust, custom 3in intake pipe, cone filter
    Black 86 Triple Weber 6m Eventually
    Rusty 85 Frankenstein 6M/w58 with DIYPNP

CelicaSupra.com Member williamb82's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tig321 View Post
    I'm not trying to offend, but how many vehicles have you tuned on and off the dyno?
    It's bugging the hell out of me, but I'm sure I've read somewhere an interview with a tuner where they said they follow up their dyno tune with a street tune to make sure everything is all good I want to say it was Bob Norwood, but I cannot find it anywhere.

In any case there are many kinds of dynomometers and even more brands. I'm guessing what ever dyno William ran on,(probably an inertial dyno like a dynojet) there was not enough load on the car for the engine to reach full boost, it's not the first time I've heard someone say that.
    Not all dyno's are created equal, I don't get why people keep calling him out like he's wrong to believe his boost was lower on a dyno.
    Anyway this is getting off topic.

glad you agree with me, but again, wasnt my car. i have never had my black 84 on a dyno. i just went to the dyno day to hang out and see what some of the local guys were putting down etc... and like i said, it may have just been that dyno, idk, but for me, the onyl benifit of a dyno would be fine tuning the timing. and no point in doing that till i have the setup exactly how i want it. dyno time isnt cheap at all.
    william
    Black 84 7mgte/R154, MS2, truetrac, bbk, etc...soon to have 2jzgte and t56
    Blue 85 Beater. TRD Header, HKS Exhaust, custom 3in intake pipe, cone filter
    Black 86 Triple Weber 6m Eventually
    Rusty 85 Frankenstein 6M/w58 with DIYPNP

5. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

No offence taken. Im not calling him out at all, just saying what my experiences are. I had never heard that before, and now that you mention it, it does kinda make sense. The dyno is a mustang dyno. We were doing more steady state tuning than just runs. I have tuned my car, a turbo B2200 mazda, 2nd gen turbo RX-7, 22re turbo truck, na 22re celica, and an 01 Firebird. I helped with tuning on my bosses wife's supercharged SRT8 Charger.

They all ran the same boost on and off the dyno, with the exception of the celica and the firebird. My car, both mazda's and the celica were running MS2, the 22RET was mostly stock, the bird was stock, and the charger.... well... they have a few pennies into it. I do have access to a dynojet too... might be interesting to try both. Yea... off topic.

As for the COP subject, anyone know if the 1zz and 2zz COP's can be run in waste spark?? Someone I know is playing with a supra...

Quote Originally Posted by williamb82 View Post
    ... i just went to the dyno day to hang out and see what some of the local guys were putting down etc... and like i said, it may have just been that dyno, idk, but for me, the onyl benifit of a dyno would be fine tuning the timing. and no point in doing that till i have the setup exactly how i want it. dyno time isnt cheap at all.
    Damn straight it's not cheap. I wish I could afford dyno tuning!

I just think from my experiences those kind of statements sounds like a bunch of racing excuses. Upset that their turbo setup(that they poured heart soul and money into) is unreliable likely due to china/faulty wastegates. I really can't see how a dyno can't apply real world 'load'. Do you have the throttle open, does the engine rev up faster than it normally would on the road?(if so, try the next gear, or use a taller final ratio)
    Just meant as food for thought though, sorry about my off topic banter.
    Black 86 with 7M-GTE/W58/3.58/TrueTrack, 300whp, [email protected]
    Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by Tire Shredder Hidden Content
    "surprise! this one runs 11s biatch"

CelicaSupra.com Member discoelk's Avatar
    Heres my stuff
    Engine Type
    5mgte
    stock ct26
    440cc injectors
    Divorced down pipe
    3in exhaust
    2.5in IC pipes, ebay front mount
    Ignition Style
    stock distributor and ignitor
    MS Hardware
    DIYPNP w/ afm delete kit
    MS2 2.1.0 code

David H
    85 P, LS6/R154/3.58/TrueTrac etc

very nice post david. Should help out anybody going a similar path. Ill post mine this spring when I get it going after my current round of 5mgte sex upgrades
    Scott~~~85SDR5mgte Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Sponsord by DIYautotune.com
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

CelicaSupra.com Member cheappower82's Avatar
    I need to ride in one you Atlanta guys' car that has the DIY treatment. I want to see how well it will idle after dropping in 1000cc injectors. I think we're going to try Hi Res code on my car soon to get the 880's to behave. They do great everywhere else, but at idle I have a weird idle search
    93 Volvo 245 19t
    87 Volvo 245 wagon lm7+t
    Hidden Content

CelicaSupra.com Member discoelk's Avatar
    My car idles pretty smooth once its warmed up. I just now started playing the warm-up enrichment and cold advance. The whole process has been relatively trouble free, which is very out of character for any other megasquirted car I've been around.
    David H
    85 P, LS6/R154/3.58/TrueTrac etc

CelicaSupra.com Member cheappower82's Avatar
    Guess you have the magic touch; touch mine please?! :ghey:
    93 Volvo 245 19t
    87 Volvo 245 wagon lm7+t
    Hidden Content

Thread Information