Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

window switch plate repair

9K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  CELICA GTS 
#1 ·
So I decided that it was my monthly dusting behind my door window switches plates and after remembering what Phil Dupler did to repair his plates in a previous thread,I did the same.My plates started looking like this after my big ass knee snapped the 20 year+ plastic prongs with the metal retaining clips

First you have to take the door panel off and drill into the backing board next to the switch

Add some "zipties" that you can find in the electrical department at any home improvement store

Make sure that you don't do it too tight or else you'll get a gap again(you can see the gap at the end where the switch butts up against the backing board side

And voila

See less See more
#5 ·
Perfect reason to go out and buy another one FAST>>>>>

Good to see you back on the forums Sir...and someone kinda close to my age...

#6 ·
now i just nitpick people on ebay about their celica GT-S convertibles Arch...lol...funny thing is some guy down the road has a Supra thats been sitting in the back woods for who know how long...i can only image in the amount of spiders in that car!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.