Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

Wheels that fit a Mk2

873K views 1K replies 236 participants last post by  Gushy 
#1 ·
In order to keep things in an easier to find reference for the future. Please post any wheels the fit a Mk2. Please provide details you know such as;

L type or P-type
offset(s)
Manufacturer
pictures (preferably on the car)
estimated cost
tire size(s)
anything else that is relevant (rubs, spacers, etc)

Just one for me;

16x8" 0 offset Epsilon mesh with 245/45/16

No longer available new

No rubbing or anything. Will not fit Jim's front big brake kit.

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)

Close-up.

Side view. Gives you an idea on the amount of "lip'age" this wheel setup has.

16 x 8" 0mm offset Compomotive CXN mesh w/ 245/45/16 Yokohama AVS Intermediates (tire model has been discontinued). Black satin/powdercoated finish. Centerbore IS hubcentric

Cost (back in 2001) was $1,5K (not including tires). Current cost will fluctuate, DEPENDING on the current exchange rate between the US dollar & the UK pound, as the components are imported in from the UK.

The ONLY place in the US where you can order them, is from Motorsports Specialties in Quarryville, Pennsylvania (www.usacomp.com). They will build the wheels to your specs. They ARE aware of our P-Type wheel requirements.

Be aware that their "0mm" offset ACTUALLY measures out to a -3mm offset & the wheels/tires will stick out a tiny bit on the front wheels. When Bob Sully (Malibyte) ordered a 2nd set of wheels for one of his other MKII's, he went with a +5mm offset. Looks a little more tucked in, but "I think" on his Red 85, he had caliper clearance issues. But the wheels fit fine on his 84 7M car.

No other rubbing anyware. "Obviously", spacers or adapters are not needed.

Wheels WILL clear the Jim King BBK, since these are the same wheels that Jim used during development/test fitting of the BBK.

[Edit] Anyone out their with "ANY" of the Centerline models have pictures & can do a write-up??

#3 ·
SSR Longchamps Gunmetal = 17x7 +25 front,17x8 +25 rear.

Perfect fit IMHO with 225/45 front,255/40 rear

Silver wheels = 17x7 +25 front,17x7.5 + 35 rear additional 25mm adapter on rear.
Ken ??? Tires = 215/45 all 4 corners

#4 ·
Let's see, stuff Shawn left out.

L type.

SSR is Speed Star Racing, 'Longchamps' are model XR-4Z.
There is another style 'Longchamp' in 14/15", model XR-4.

Cost - under a grand if found, no longer available new.

Also, I got 235/40/17 size rubber on the rear now (7.5j rim, 8.5" measured).

Ken

#9 · (Edited)
enkie 92's, 16x7, 0 offset. they are actually 2 peice wheels, not one peice as previously mentioned. they are 225/50/16 front and 245/50/16 rear.

and this pic it had 245/45/16's in the rear.

also, its a tight fit, but they do clear the bbk. not much clearance between the caliper and the back of the rim center though. lol

#10 ·
Racing Hart C2 (3-piece wheel)
17x8 +10mm with 245/40R17 Yokohama AVS Sports (2.5" lip)
17x9 +10mm with 255/40R17 Yokohama AVS Sports (3.5" lip)

Retail: $3600 w/out tires.

Racing Hart C2's are 3-piece wheels, built with a smooth outer barrel reverse style lip. It is unlike most reverse styles. The outer barrel has a slight angle extending to a sharp angled lip instead of extending straight out to a radiused lip. The center is painted silver with machined face similar to the OEM mk2 wheels. A clear coat is the final finish to protect both the machined surface as well as the painted surface. The inner barrel is painted flat silver. The outer barrel is polished to a high polish. Fasteners are not mere decoration but actually hold the wheel assembly together. The cap that covers the lug nuts are designed to imitate center-lock wheels. Factory supplied hub-rings, open ended lug nuts, and center cap removal tool were included.

When I ordered the set, it was not a stocking item. It had to be custom built from Japan. Delivery was 8 months.

I was told that there are a handful of mk2s with C2's in addition to mine, several in California. I've seen a 240Z as well as a B10 in a magazine with these.

No spacers/ no adapters. No rubbing. Would you expect anything less from me?

Due to rarity (for fitment) and build quality, expect to see high prices on these in the used market.

Car has Eibach Pro-Kit springs, Tokico shocks, and Addco swaybars.

#15 · (Edited)
I have the same rims as 1983Supra, only I stretched it out a little more.
  • 18" x 8.5" x +15mm front
  • 18" x 9.5" x 0mm rear
The rims are hub-centric (60.06mm centerbore) and do not require spacers. The center pieces were built to my specifications for a 25mm caliper clearance.

Rims cost $620 each for fronts and $640 each for rears. Delivery time was 6-weeks.

Regards,

Carlos

#19 ·
5zigen Fno1r-c
16x7
BF's 205-55-r16 all around
1" wheel adapters 4x114.3-4x100
+33 off set
good tight fitment in front. will clear almost any brake kit you can dream up
i do not like the fitment in the rear they are too tucked in do to the offset and a wheel guy i am no longer using.

about $800 for set
about $500 for tires

they are for sale for local pick up.
less then 1000 miles on them
car has never seen rain so they are super clean!!!!!

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p135/83restomod/rimsandtires.jpg
http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p135/83restomod/suoraside.jpg
http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p135/83restomod/suprarightangle.jpg
http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p135/83restomod/suprarearangle.jpg

#20 ·
Malloy also forgot to mention that his Simmons (that Jehan now owns) are the OM models.

EVERYONE!!! One thing that Aaron forgot to mention in his 1st posting (that can be helpful to some of us) is that we should mention if our wheel centerbores are hubcentric or not (I've edited my original posting).

#24 ·
ROHs were +17 all around

To add my new wheels

Volk/Rays Group 3 Evolutions
3 piece forged
72mm hub bore (used hub rings)
front 17x8 +13 245/40/17
rear 17x9 +20 275/40/17
no rubbing so far. Very tight fitment in the rear on the inside. You may have problems if you have lots of rear camber (I have eccentrics installed)

The wheels are a discountinued mid '90s design. I bought these off Rinkya. Total cost for wheels, shipping, and refinishing ~$1600. They require using a hard to locate valve stem as well.

I need to get a better pic, but this pic shows the wheels detail better

#25 · (Edited)
Nice updates everyone!!!

Still would like to see more write-ups on the other Centerlines (particularly the Ventura's & the Sahara's).

#161 ·
Braid's

Nice updates everyone!!!

Still would like to see more write-ups on the other Centerlines (particularly the Ventura's & the Sahara's) & we STILL need pictures & someone to do a write-up on the Braid's.
Wow, no one posted about the Braid's yet over the past year? Here's some info on my Braid's (one of four folks in George's Braid group buy in '03).

Braid Future GT (3 pc wheels)

Fronts: 17" dia x 8" wide, +10mm offset, 60.1mm centerbore (hub bore),
4x114.3 bolt circle, silver centers, polished outer rims,
exposed bolts, exposed wheel lugs
Tire sizes: 235/45x17

Rears: 17" dia x 9" wide, +0mm offset, 60.1mm centerbore (hub bore),
4x114.3 bolt circle, silver centers, polished outer rims,
exposed bolts, exposed wheel lugs
Tire sizes: 265/40x17

Total cost including shipping (from Spain) was 1576 Euros. That was when Euro to Dollar was around 1.3 to 1 (I think).

#26 ·
Here's my wheels.
With L-type(XX) fenders.

Rear: SSR Mark-III
15inch/7.5J/off-6 with 8mm spacer.
205-60 tire.
Front: SSR-Mark-III
15inch/7.5J/off+19 with 10mm spacer (3mm spacer + brake disc thickness, I'm using X81 Cressida brake over the hub.).
205-60 tire.

Both front and rear inner side of fender panels had to shave/bend to fit tire without rubbing.
And it have negitive rear and front camber, so if it don't have camber I'm sure tire will rub the fender.

Now I want some 16inch wheel which looks like Gr.A racing Supra MkII.

#32 · (Edited by Moderator)
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.