Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

Do you want to buy a carbon fibre hood for mk2?

11K views 84 replies 26 participants last post by  SupraFiend 
#1 ·
Hey everyone, would there be any interest in a group buy for OEM style carbon fibre hoods? From Vancouver Canada around $760 Canadian, so around 600 American ( i am not too sure what the exchange is right now )
If anyone wants one, pm me and i will talk to Duane at carbonfibre fx, he is willing to do it if there is 6 people for the group buy, he needs to make a new mold so in order for it to be worth it he needs to sell at least 6 hoods.

#37 ·
well hopefully not 6 months, i was told by the spring so i am guessing around march, so more like 4 months, but it is'nt for sure so it could end up being around 6, damn. i will try to get this moving as quickly as possible because i would love to have this thing before the summer!

#47 ·
I contacted Duane late last year by phone. Before the Carbonfibre fx website was updated. He assured me he wanted our business, that he wanted to build me a hood , but he had to remake a template as his existing one was worn,he said that he was stoked in seeing MKIIs with his hood at Vegas...Then, he didn't return my calls, and the website was changed to only include MKIII, and IVs. I think we were kicked to the curb, and aint' gettin shit...Kinda like to meet ol' Duane. Might have to make my own, he stated the CF hood weighed 15 lbs compared to the stock 40. If those numbers are good it's well worth the effort.
...Anyone know more ?
...Is it a dead deal?

TEMPEST

#50 ·
TEMPEST said:
I contacted Duane late last year by phone. Before the Carbonfibre fx website was updated. He assured me he wanted our business, that he wanted to build me a hood , but he had to remake a template as his existing one was worn,he said that he was stoked in seeing MKIIs with his hood at Vegas...Then, he didn't return my calls, and the website was changed to only include MKIII, and IVs. I think we were kicked to the curb, and aint' gettin shit...Kinda like to meet ol' Duane. Might have to make my own, he stated the CF hood weighed 15 lbs compared to the stock 40. If those numbers are good it's well worth the effort.
...Anyone know more ?
...Is it a dead deal?

TEMPEST
Its not so, things are good. I'll make a big post about all this once a couple more things are done, should be soon. And the stock mk2 hood is 45 pounds.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.