Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

Where can I get the chrome seat moundings?

4K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  aerojock 
#1 ·
I am using a set of 84 P Type front seats in my car. They are refinished and look great, but that chrome strip that surrounds the seat back is broken and half gone. I can't seem to find something to work. Anyone got an ideal of where to get a pair?

#3 ·
I've got a source at home (from a previous post) on pretty much an exact replacement, only problem is that you have to buy a whole roll of it at something like $125 and cut the ends yourself. Good news is that it's enough for probably 10 or 20 cars.

#4 · (Edited)
The above link does not seem to work any longer. Do any of you have pointers on which product to use to replace the chrome front seat trim in a factory looking size and style? I see on another thread that Trim-Lok can be used. Is this still the preferred product? Thank you in advance!

#5 ·
I used a trim-lok U channel but it is black rubber. I prefer it to the chrome finish, but my whole car is far from stock.

#7 ·
Yes chrome door edge guard works well. A little shot with a heat gun makes the corners easier. Local auto parts stores usually have a roll in stock for like $15 that is enough to do both seats. The stuff I have used has an adhesive inside one side so put that on the inner edge.

#8 ·
I only wish I had such luck. I've never seen the 7/16" stuff in a local auto parts store. They usually have the smaller size which I found was too narrow. It can't hurt to have a look if your in there getting oil or such anyway, but anymore I don't waste my time and gasoline shopping around. If I want something, its pretty much guaranteed to be out of stock or just plain unavailable locally. Or if I find a product I like by accident, its like "uh, oh, that Dupler guy bought some of this, better take the remaining stock off the shelf and hide it before he comes back for more." Auto supplies, home repair products, groceries, even fast food items, it doesn't matter, its like they know I'm coming. I just go straight to the internet now and save myself the frustration.

#10 · (Edited)
This is the stuff I used but it has been a while and that brand appears to be out of business. Autozone lists a similar one under the Cowles brand. I haven't tried it but looks similar. I will need some soon so I should go buy some and see if it works.

#11 · (Edited)
when I had my seat backs recovered I just never put the chrome back on. It looks good.

Here is a link to my restoration thread. Photobucket has blurred them but if you scroll down a few pictures you can make out the seat back. https://www.celicasupra.com/forums/showthread.php?54012-A-Big-Thank-You!&highlight=

Ok this is weird. If I use my computer look at the pictures on this site all the images from photobucket are blurred but if I use my phone the clear up. Anybody know why?

#12 ·
Now that I have learned how to add pictures without using photobucket here are a couple of pictures of my seat backs without the chrome trim. I know it is not original style but I have used that chrome door trim before and it always comes loose. I guess you could always use a small staple to hold it in place.

After the seat backs were redone I just went without the chrome trim. I like the look but I know it's not for everyone.

Red Vehicle door Orange Car Vehicle

Red Car Vehicle Grille Automotive exterior

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.