Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

[CLOSED] MKII Griffin aluminum rad GB - Round 2!

37K views 163 replies 36 participants last post by  KeithP 
#1 · (Edited)
GRIFFIN RADIATOR GROUP BUY – ROUND 2!

Suprafanatic
adrenaline@gto.net

Back by popular demand, the Griffin rad is available at GB pricing once again. If you missed out on last year’s GB, now is your opportunity to have this excellent quality rad in your MKII.

The rad is a direct drop in, bolt in unit which nestles into the factory rad supports, and tabs that bolt onto the upper support tabs. The core is 1.5” thick, single core, and the tanks are 2.25” wide allowing .375” front and rear overhang. This will easily support any upgrades you have or are planning such as 7MGTE, 1JZ, 2JZ, 1UZ..... It will far outperform the stock OEM rad, which is fairly competent to begin with.

US orders will be shipped directly to you from Griffin in Piedmont, SC. Canadian orders can either be picked up at TSC meets or shipped/picked up from our facility in Waterloo, Ontario. If you prefer to have it shipped directly from Griffin, all customs, duty and taxes will be billed to you directly by FEDEX/UPS.

International overseas shipments will also be direct from Griffin, and again, all brokerage and shipping costs will be the buyer’s responsibility. I cannot guarantee the delivery time on overseas orders, but you can specify what service you prefer.

Payment can be made by Paypal (please add 3% fee), wire transfer, certified cheque or money order, or credit card. I can only accept credit card payments through Paypal however.

PRICING:

Because of the high volume of sales in the first GB (60), and despite a recent increase in both whse and retail pricing, I have managed to secure a price of $425USD shipped for US customers and $495USD shipped for Canadian customers Current retail pricing is $500USD, plus shipping and taxes, so this is approximately $100 off that price once you factor in the additional costs to your door. I can arrange for local pickup in Ontario for CAD buyers and also at Griffin for local buyers in the US. Details on request.

This GB will run until we hit 25 units which will secure the pricing listed so do not hesitate to place your order and submit payment.

The following pics are of the production model as delivered in the last GB. There will be some changes made to the top tank design in order to keep the pricing as quoted, due to an increase in production costs. This will hopefully increase the capacity of the rad and make it more efficient.

Participants:

1 - ilovemysupramk2 - Eric - $100 dep
2 - jekruger72 - Jeff - $170 dep
3 - Scarletlizard - PIF
4 - FranK - Francois - $400 dep
5 - Burkeyro - Rob - $150 rec'd
6 - BillyM - William - $100 dep
7 - Adrenaline customer - PIF
8 - Bruiser501 - Robert - PIF
9 - ronald bruinsma - Ronald - $290 dep
10 - Shiro - $200 dep
11 - Adrenaline customer - PIF
12 - Suprabee - Rick - $150 dep
13 - donkey2 - Anton - PIF
14 - AVP23 - Andrew - $200 dep
15 - JDKii - Jim King - PP
16 - 82Spearco - Chad - $100+100 dep
17 - brandon6976 - Brandon - $100 dep
18 - Malchick - Kyle - $100 dep
19 - Adrenaline customer - PIF
20 - KJK_Texas - Kevin - $200 dep
21 - ra24man - Mark - PIF
22 -
23 -
24 -
25 -

Removed pending deposit:

Supramantt10
jhodder
newsupra83

With AMS fan shroud kit mounted

See less See more
#32 ·
OK guys, it's taken a long time to get to 10, and I'm going to place the order this week for 15 units total. If you haven't gotten on board, please don't hesitate. I won't be stocking these since the demand has dwindled significantly, but there are a few more ava right now.
I will be emailing participants shortly with balance and ETA info.
Thanks again for your support on this, and if you still want in, please get a deposit to me ASAP - thanks.

#33 ·
It was HOT today and I almost blew my engine... because my radiator is leaking badly!! so... I really need this rad.. ASAP.

Keep up the good work PHIL .. and can you tell when they will be ready to be shipped...?

You can reply me in my e-mail address thanks

FranK

#34 ·
I have a lot of respect for the group buys and the effort put into them. However I personally am going to simply order a Griffin radiator from Summit Racing for $195 bucks and fabricate the mounts. Personally I don't really understand why someone would pay the extra $150 to $200 bucks just so they don't have to fabricate some mounts and modify the hose lengths.

#36 ·
Well, that's certainly your prerogative to do so. I imagine many others here don't have time to fabricate parts for their own car and in this case, they don't have to. Supporting these group buys helps to ensure that there will be parts made for our cars at all - without that.... well you can do that math.
Let us know how yours works out - perhaps there is another alternative if it's an easy fix.

FranK - I don't have an ETA from Griffin yet - will advise as I find that out.

#37 ·
OK - Can everyone who has a balance due on the rad please get that to me ASAP so there are no delays in shipping these out? I'm expecting to get them in July, and only 15 are ordered. If anyone else is interested, there are a few left unspoken for.
Thanks to all.

#40 ·
Billy- you can pick it up at Griffin, just down the road from you, right? I can let you know when it's ready to go.

#42 ·
Guys - I am now embroiled in another battle with Griffin over pricing. Give me a few days to straighten this all out and I'll let you know what comes of it.

#48 ·
I wouldn't change the price this late in the game, so the total will stay the same Billy. The first GB, that is what happened, and I almost bailed, but since it wasn't substantial, ($40) I gave everyone the option to stay in or opt out. This hike is $75 from the last GB cost pricing, so some fighting is needed.
I'll know more tomorrow.

#51 ·
I'm still waiting on a response from Griffin - I'm calling them again today to get this straightened out.

#54 ·
Thanks for the update Phil, Let us know what you find out :) I'm getting excited to Drive my supra again. all that's left to do is Drive shaft, intercooler, Radiator, and Wiring - oh and lots of Cleaning - WOO HOO

#57 ·
I can still get you in - I'm waiting for a final answer from Griffin, but we've had to revise the design slightly so it will not appear cosmetically the same as the original but will actually have a larger top tank capacity. The taper apparently added too much labour time and the only way to keep the pricing where I set it despite a rise in aluminum cost was to make the rad simpler and easier to build. I will post up a pic of the final drawing once it is approved.
I was given a 2 week run time once the drawing is approved. Sorry for the delay guys - after this, there will be NO MORE! :loser:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.