Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

Step by Step Instructions for 7MGTE Conversion (incl wiring)

19K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  mk2 supra 
#1 ·
This website has been online for 2 1/2 years, but it seems not many people know of its existence. It is a very detailed account of a 7MGTE Conversion and includes pictures, list of parts needed and most importantly, instructions on how to do the wiring yourself :deal:

#2 ·
what site? a link would help.
william

#3 ·
http://www.hpphoto.com/servlet/LinkPhoto?GUID=32494e7d-362c-5a01-4dd4-4700606c1e0e&size=lg

Down to 2 harness',and 6 solder points under dash,2 under hood.Plus you need to hook up the tach adapter,one of the wires of the 6 is to the tach adapter.I think I can do a bit more work and get rid of 1 if not 2 more solder points in the car.Just haven't spent the time to make sure yet. :wink:

Very nice Andy,I did look at your sight some time back.After looking again,there are definately too many ways to figure out this wiring set-up.

PS-The harness pictured is heading to Canada,is now boxed and waiting for pick-up 8)

#4 ·
my harness is 2 harnesses and no soilder points at all.
william

#5 ·
btw andy, on your site it says pin #, connector, then pin #. what connector does the second pin number go to? not sure how that chart is supposedto work.
william

#6 ·
How to read the wiring tables :)

example: How to wire up B1

Pin # Plug to connect to Pin #
5 Fuel pump resistor 2

Explanation:
You are working with plug B1. Connect pin 5 of this plug to the fuel pump resistor plug on its pin 2

So, the left column is the plug you are wiring up, the second column is the destination plug to connect to, and the third column is the pin number on the destination plug.

Hmm. It should be simple. I could redo the website if it is confusing!

:jump-gay:

#7 ·
nah, it makes sense now, i never really thought of it that way.
william

#9 ·
Andy,

Looked over the website and I have a question on the wiring.

Are you leaving the MK2 wiring harness that goes to the ECU and all thru the firewall intact and just making a sub harness at the ECU ?

Or are you pulling the MK2 main engine harness out and using the MK3 main engine wiring harness and putting it thru the firewall ?

Thanks,

Scott

#10 ·
did more research and answered my own question :)

Pull the MK2 harness and simply make a few connections for the MK3 harness and put it in the car, makes sense now.

I poured over the (in my case) 87 mk3 wiring and the 85 mk2 wiring and see its not that hard.

Scott

#12 ·
his guide was excellent, but his domain seems to no longer exist.

#16 ·
holy shit it exists!!! I hadnt laid eyes on this page for years!!! You wanna know somethin crazy? When I first got my Supra I printed out everything I could about the 7m swap, knowing I wanted to do it one day... I still have all the papers, checked the date and its 2/1/2006! Better late than never right? lol Can we PLEASE make this website a sticky or give it the exposure it needs? I have spent literally months looking for this, and am already halfway thru my wiring, and now have to double check it to this

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.