Tires that fit the MKII Rims (stock) and Where to get them - Page 2

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    CelicaSupra.com Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PoBrokeFolk View Post
    KM......Thanks for the info as I am searching now for replacements. You really helped me out. I was having a helluva time searching.
    PO
    great thread....and very useful
    Hidden Content 1983 and 1985 Supra P-Types, 1987 Supra, 1981 Z28, 02 ZO6, 99 Corvette Fixed Roof Coupe, 05 GTO, 08 HD Nightster, 99 F250, 97 Suburban, 98 GMC Dually, 95 Bronco, 88 944S, 88 Mustang (CMC), 78 Nova, 73 Chevelle SS, plus a few others

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

I read this thread and because I did I was able to find some tires that I really needed. I had to go with a 235/60/R14. Got all 4 at Les Schwab for $450.00. And they are a T rated speed tire.
    Later,
    PO

CelicaSupra.com Member supra_toy's Avatar
    whats the brand name on the sidewall?

5. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by PoBrokeFolk View Post
    I read this thread and because I did I was able to find some tires that I really needed. I had to go with a 235/60/R14. Got all 4 at Les Schwab for $450.00. And they are a T rated speed tire.
    Later,
    PO
    Glad I could help. It's great you found the tires you needed, however it's sad that production for these sizes is dropping and along with it the prices rising. Last year I got 4 235/60/R14's from Les Schwab in San Diego for about $400 or so installed.

CelicaSupra.com Member Austin E's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by supra_toy View Post
    whats the brand name on the sidewall?
    I'm gonna render a guess, from my experience, that they are bf goodrich radial ta's or whatever.
    Austin Easley
    1984 Light blue Mkii

CelicaSupra.com Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gottakeepon View Post
    I'm gonna render a guess, from my experience, that they are bf goodrich radial ta's or whatever.
    That would be my guess - Tirerack.com has them for $81 plus shipping, if you have to pay to mount, Les Schwab is pretty much spot on...
    Hidden Content 1983 and 1985 Supra P-Types, 1987 Supra, 1981 Z28, 02 ZO6, 99 Corvette Fixed Roof Coupe, 05 GTO, 08 HD Nightster, 99 F250, 97 Suburban, 98 GMC Dually, 95 Bronco, 88 944S, 88 Mustang (CMC), 78 Nova, 73 Chevelle SS, plus a few others

Supra Toy
    They are Grand Prix Perfomance. So far even though the car sit's higher the tires seem good. I like them so far.

CelicaSupra.com Member
    The bf goodrich TA's are a T rated tire (112 mph). I don't plan to go over that often, but I do plan to go over it occasionally, hopefully in the quarter mile. I guess I will have to go to larger wheels, but to get the ones I want, I will have to go to 5 lugs. Wish I could find someone that just sells a 5 lug conversion.

Depending on the offset of the rims you want, there are 4 to 5 lug adapters. But I think if you do the front 5 lug swap and then take the hubs in to a machine shop to get them filled/drilled and new studs presses in, it will only be a little more expensive.
    -Chris

1983 Celipra GTS:
    6M bored .50 over. 250cc injectors. Delta 272 regrind cams. Carter HF fuel pump.
    Pacesetter header w/2.5" cutsom exhaust. Open air intake filter. 3" piping to TB. 65mm TB & ported AFM.
    4:10 rear from Supra. BillyM shifter kit. Swapped most interior over to black. T3 camber plates.
    935 Budget Coilover kit. KYB AGX struts. T3 Needle bearing upper perch kit. Eibach Sport rear supra springs. SF Ford TFI Performance coil.
    Almost finished with the fiberglass hatch!

CelicaSupra.com Member stubAdub's Avatar
    This site has 235/60/14's for really cheap, 4 shipped for $360

https://www.onlinetires.com

before i found this site i ordered two 235/60/14 from this place below for $181 shipped, looks like the place above is about the same or a hair cheeper depending on ur location.

http://stores.tirezoneusa.com/-strse...014/Detail.bok

either way i haven't been able to find any cooper 225/60/14's in about 2 years so finding the 235's is even better...i think one of the sites above even has 225's if someone is looking for them.

i've use the cooper's the yokohoma's avids and a kumo sub brand and one or 2 more and i personally think the cooper tires work the best with these cars.

A++
    '86 Grey P-Type 5spd w/ sunroof
    Fully resealed 6MGE - Tokico blue's F/R shocks/struts. Custom Air Intake, Cooper Cobras, short throw shifter, HKS exhaust.

[email protected] (with the original 5MGE)

Thread Information