Saggy storage nets - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    CelicaSupra.com Member
    my interior is black, so I was able to find some new elastic string a fabic store. I also saw it on line, but you have to buy way more than you need and of course pay shipping. I couldnt get those "clip washers" that hold things together off without wrecking the plastic studs, so I cut them off with a dremel cut off wheel. I used those pressed sheet metal "pal nuts" from Lowe's to reassemble, and put a dab of "Stick n Seal" on them to help make sure that they wouldn't fall off. If you use your imagination there are several ways that you could think of to reassemble things. If you use some sort of nut, it will be easier to do the job again in the future if necessary. I'll post photos as soon as I figure out how to do it!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

CelicaSupra.com Member '82supra's Avatar

Quickie fix

In my case brown elastic from a fabric store was only $1.00/meter (enuf to do both seats). I drilled through the top and threaded the elastic thru using a paperclip. Tying knots at each end was easier & faster than removing the hard clips on the inside, easily replaced in future. IMO looks fine.

Hidden Content
    DreadBull

Quote Originally Posted by rhartmaier View Post
    I used those pressed sheet metal "pal nuts" from Lowe's to reassemble, and put a dab of "Stick n Seal" on them to help make sure that they wouldn't fall off. If you use your imagination there are several ways that you could think of to reassemble things. If you use some sort of nut, it will be easier to do the job again in the future if necessary.
    When I did the repair a couple years ago, I just used some interior screws after cutting down the plastic towers, the screw is the right size with a few washers, and they are easy to take on and off.

-Chris

1983 Celipra GTS:
    6M bored .50 over. 250cc injectors. Delta 272 regrind cams. Carter HF fuel pump.
    Pacesetter header w/2.5" cutsom exhaust. Open air intake filter. 3" piping to TB. 65mm TB & ported AFM.
    4:10 rear from Supra. BillyM shifter kit. Swapped most interior over to black. T3 camber plates.
    935 Budget Coilover kit. KYB AGX struts. T3 Needle bearing upper perch kit. Eibach Sport rear supra springs. SF Ford TFI Performance coil.
    Almost finished with the fiberglass hatch!

5. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

CelicaSupra.com Member 1982 Dragon's Avatar
    Just did this last night. Worked great... yup clipped the plastic rivets at the back put new string through and put screw with washers through the back.
    JOSH
    1994 Canadian Spec MKIV LHD TT Auto - 74k, Mint
    1981 Canadian MK1 Barn Find - 6MGE slowly in the works
    Past:
    '82 Terra Cotta, '87 7MGTE, '89 Built 7MGTE, '93 GZ TT Aerotop RHD

Thread Information