Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

THE QUARTER PANEL REPLACEMENT

62K views 79 replies 43 participants last post by  Claes 
#1 · (Edited)
Quarter Panel Replacement EDIT*** PICS NOW WORKING

This past weekend I replaced my right quarter, something I've been wanting to do for quite a while.

Here is the "new" panel cut a ready to go.

This is what I had originally.....every now and then I would spray some undercoat or something on it to make it look like I was working on it.

Old cut off........

Rough fit before weld....

Mud after the weld.....

Sanding and paper.....

Primer and bits.......

And the flare.......

Well, scratch that off the list.

UPDATE>>>>>>>

ANd here I am today...

See less See more
Reactions: Spook
#59 ·
Even tho' the rear quarter is not a "bolt on piece" I've been told that there are aftermarket(??) rear quarter panels that you can buy (at least for other vehicles(??)).

Was this a "new" rear quarter panel that U bought or U cut a good one off another car??

If U could answer this please as at some point I've got to do the same thing for the driver's rear quarter of Car #5.

Thanks,

Dave

#60 ·
Never mind...this post just popped up above mine and answered my question.

Thanks,

D

#66 ·
or sell your car
they dont sale quarter panels you have to cut one up
cooper research body work
Um, slooow down guy.... L Type panels are still available, heck info on them is likely in THIS THREAD. There is not too much work involved in mounting a fender flare to fit on a L Type panel, that is if you can manage to weld it in well enough you'll figure that out!

Not only that but he's talking about the inner fender, which is totally different.

#72 ·
Cross Canada had them on their website until 1-2 years ago. They are not on their website anymore (was actually Celica rear QTR Panels = L-Type Celica Supra). You can try contacting them so see if they have any left - their URL is in previous posts, but they NO LONGER list them as something they stock.

#75 ·
lol I really enjoyed that you put this up, it gave me the enthusiasm to actually restore my car. The hardest part for me was actually finding the quarters panels from a donor car that was close to where i lived. Mines an 84 and the front bumper was trashed, and the only one i could find to replace it was an 83 like yours lol. not my favorite, i prefer the way the turn signals wrap around on the 84's and up, but it gets the job done.

#77 ·
Sweet, ....I'd be proud too, LOL...

I wish I knew how to Weld...might take a course on it at some point but ya gotta be good to do that kinda work...Don't wanna be "learnin" on a Supra, LOL

Cut off both Qtrs off my very first original car...just gotta get someone to do as awesome a job welding one side in to one of my cars that gonna be a Turbo...definitely want to have that lookin' like Urs

Cheers, man

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.