Top [naturally aspirated] dyno & drag #s - Page 3

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Rusty Tracey- 5M-GE - MT - 1985 - 143/136 - Dynojet (I think) @ Unnatural Inc. I've misplaced the slips and am not too inclined to find them as I've swapped to a 7M-GTE.

That was with a cheap cone filter, good plugs & wires, 10w-30 oil, no cat and a fart cannon exhaust (Apexi N1 style).

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

CelicaSupra.com Member supra_toy's Avatar
    Just uploaded them on PB. stock configuration.

"Betty" 85 Supra. LJM front strut bar, custom rear bar, Addcos sway f/r, Tokico f/r, Eibachs springs, and full PST bushing kit, Cusco camber plates, RC intake w/custom cold air & K&N filter, JK short shifter, MKIII 10 blade radiator fan, SS break lines, RC SS clutch line, Russel quick bleeders, custom stereo.
    "Karmen" 85 Supra. RC TB and intake. Bored out AFM, Magnaflow cat. soon new stock brake lines and muffler.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Lee_MA61 View Post

(dyno was also running ~10% off calibriation, proven. So add ~10% for actual numbers..) I'm not supposed to share this info, But I'll see if he'll let me get the graphs and post his name. Lot's off stuff that could be learned through this guy.

Need graph or I can't post it.

Quote Originally Posted by gottakeepon View Post
    Those are high freakin numbers for a 5m! Woot! w40 transmission?

That's pretty awesome, I had thought about using a 4 speed tranny once but was told it would be worthless, so I scrapped that idea...

Quote Originally Posted by kmfdmk View Post
    Rusty Tracey- 5M-GE - MT - 1985 - 143/136 - Dynojet (I think) @ Unnatural Inc.

Sorry, won't post w/o the graph/slip. But good to have that info in the thread

I still got to get my ass in gear and get all the graphs/slips from the old thread up and running........ soon.....

Quote Originally Posted by supra_toy View Post
    Just uploaded them on PB. stock configuration.

Your missing a little bit of info you know
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    -shirts, stickers, posters & more!-
    Hidden Content
    -more shirt styles, magnets, wallets, mugs and more!-

1985 P-type 5 speed
    6MGE
    10 years strong 4-20-08
    1984 L-type Auto - Bone stock & broken Hidden Content
    acquired 6/17

5. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

CelicaSupra.com Member supra_toy's Avatar
    85 supra p-type, MT, 5mge, K&N filter, RC intake pipe, sucking air from the fender, and some unrelated suspention mods.

The 1/4 mi time slip is from Oct 2003 (the best of about 8 runs and my first and only time at the drags)
    16.388 s @ 82.54 Mph for referance Car and driver lists the stock 1985 supra 1/4 mi time as 16.8 s

The dyno is from 2004 (baxter historical races July 2004) dyno pull in 4th gear to red line and then some (took forever to get there) peek power @ 5250 rpm or so.
    135.45 hp & 143.91 tq

If there is anything further needed let me know. I think that I'm one of the few that has the 1/4 mi time and dyno on the same car with the same configuration

will
    Last edited by supra_toy; 01-07-2009 at 02:06 PM. Reason: details
    "Betty" 85 Supra. LJM front strut bar, custom rear bar, Addcos sway f/r, Tokico f/r, Eibachs springs, and full PST bushing kit, Cusco camber plates, RC intake w/custom cold air & K&N filter, JK short shifter, MKIII 10 blade radiator fan, SS break lines, RC SS clutch line, Russel quick bleeders, custom stereo.
    "Karmen" 85 Supra. RC TB and intake. Bored out AFM, Magnaflow cat. soon new stock brake lines and muffler.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

http://img249.imageshack.us/my.php?i...enkityscd7.png

My name: JT
    Car: '84 MKII, P-type
    Engine: 5M-G
    Tranny: stock 5-speed

215hp/225ft-lbs whp

-Ported head 305hp/13mm lift
    -re-grind cams with 14mm EX and 13mm IN lift, duration:???
    -Stock bottom
    -3x 45 sidedraft webers
    -selfmade 6 to 1 header
    -direct spark
    -Running pig rich

CelicaSupra.com Member
    Ladies & Gents,

I thought I would go ahead and get a 5MGE dyno graph posted up here. I did not have a lot of time to play around with the tuning, so I am not posting up a 180-plus HP graph, but it is close...

Name: Carlos Brown
    Year: 1986
    Motor: 5MGE
    Trans: 5-speed W-58

Given a few changes to the 5MGE motor, I believe it is capable of putting out somewhere around 190HP, or greater. The thing that I have found with the motor while tinkering with it, is that it wants to breath, and breath some more... This is easy when switching to ITB's and stand-alones, but when running the OEM ECU and AFM, it is a little more challenging. You will also notice when looking at the dyno graph that the stock fuel MAP is way rich in the lower RPM's. I adjusted the AFR at the upper RPM's using an adjustable fuel pressure regulator. At cruise speeds the car will run at stoich, so the richness is not so much a problem..

If there were a larger AFM available which could be swapped out, along with a larger throttle body, this motor would be a lot happier. I do not know the "true" specs of the RX-7 and 750 BMW AFM's, but these would be the only two options I think that might be available...

I will be staying with the single TB on my Spring rebuild, but I will be adding a few internal engine parts, stand-alone, and 7M crank. I had considered adding a 1UZ this winter, but at the current HP rating, the car is getting funner to drive... For now, here is 178.26HP and 161.12TQ for you!

Best Regards,

Carlos
    Last edited by Carlos Brown; 12-21-2011 at 12:19 AM.

Those are extremely impressive numbers! Significantly higher than most other 5mge motors.
    I guess the question everyone might want to know is how? Was this with a bored out TB? Or adjusted cam timing? Head work?

Whatever the tuning, it seems to work well! You couldn't adjust the richness out on the lower rpm range? That would have probably flattened your torque curve nicely.

Good job!

Don L.

CelicaSupra.com Member
    DonL,

I did perform some port work on the head and the Intake runners/plenum are all gasket matched. I also polished the combustion chambers. The valves are still original, no OS.

The car is running adjustable cam gears, which makes tuning so easy.

I am also running the Rabid Chimp Intake with a modified 70mm TB and Intake. I am still currently running the AFM and stock ECU, however.

The fuel MAP can only be adjusted be increasing or decreasing the regulator PSI. So, the whole thing moves up or down. With tuning potential the low end power would have been much better.

Regards,

Carlos

Thanks Carlos! That SDS system is just crying out your name

I bet you get some impressive numbers once that standalone and motor come together.

You'll enjoy the tuning !

Don L.

CelicaSupra.com Member williamb82's Avatar
    speaking of high hp n/a 5m's, you guys remember this?

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/mk2/message/29908
    william
    Black 84 7mgte/R154, MS2, truetrac, bbk, etc...soon to have 2jzgte and t56
    Blue 85 Beater. TRD Header, HKS Exhaust, custom 3in intake pipe, cone filter
    Black 86 Triple Weber 6m Eventually
    Rusty 85 Frankenstein 6M/w58 with DIYPNP

Thread Information