5/6mgte Link/Write Up Compilation - Page 4

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Have you looked into the small log shaped air/water intercoolers? Might be just the ticket for you to keep things simple.
    http://www.frozenboost.com/air_water-ic/

Nice build thread, thanks for sharing.
    Hidden Content 86 parts car maybe some day race car? 3x cars, 36x brake caliper pistons.
    "You need to update your signature Gamble" - Dave

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

Yeah those are quite nice
    My only thing is techniqually in nz i need a certification for this mod, but by keeping it look factory i can get away with it.

Thanks no worries

At first I thought you didn't have an intercooler.....until I saw the last picture in the thread where the intercooler is routed.
    The 5M turbo kit on ebay a few weeks ago has an air to water intercooler. Not sure what is easier or harder: Cutting/routing 2.5-3" piping to run an air to air intercooler or the radiator/water pump set up for a air to water intercooler.
    Terra Cotta '83 2JZGE W58
    Black '86 Shell - For sell
    Hidden Content - Hidden Content - Hidden Content - Hidden Content - Hidden Content - Hidden Content

5. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

CelicaSupra.com Member SupraFiend's Avatar
    Nice build, always loved those Cressidas, surprised I never got one.

You might need to upgrade some of your intercooler bits once you start revving that thing and playing with boost. Like the heater hose clamps and the stock plastic intake that feeds into the TB. I can see that stuff failing with a full 7+psi hitting it. If its a factory look you are going for, grab one of the 7mgte pipes that goes there.
    Black 86 mk2 Project Car
    New SDR 86 mk2 Daily User, Highway Cruiser AND Parking Lot Abuser in the works!

CelicaSupra.com Member SupraFiend's Avatar
    double post
    Last edited by SupraFiend; 12-04-2017 at 05:54 PM.
    Black 86 mk2 Project Car
    New SDR 86 mk2 Daily User, Highway Cruiser AND Parking Lot Abuser in the works!

@darrow - my thoughts aswell, with getting the intercooler for free i wasnt too fussed haha

Thanks SupraFiend, yeah ive had three now haha, the gold one still being my first.
    At this point, up to 5krpms im only boosting 5psi, not sure if its due to the large airgap between my impeller and compressor housing or juat my intercooler setup but the other guy in nz who has a 5mgte in his hilux said he boosts the same?

Not sure if theres a fault or something else haha. No boost leaks might i add

@darrow - my thoughts aswell, with getting the intercooler for free i wasnt too fussed haha

Thanks SupraFiend, yeah ive had three now haha, the gold one still being my first.
    At this point, up to 5krpms im only boosting 5psi, not sure if its due to the large airgap between my impeller and compressor housing or juat my intercooler setup but the other guy in nz who has a 5mgte in his hilux said he boosts the same?

Not sure if theres a fault or something else haha. No boost leaks might i add

Thread Information