What did you do to your Supra today? - Page 347
Page 347 of 349 FirstFirst ... 247297337345346347348349 LastLast
Results 3,461 to 3,470 of 3484
    Doc, I'm impressed Sir!!

Did you buy them new? From mail order??

Kinda hard to believe I've never seen any for sale, even for me...

Quote Originally Posted by drjim View Post
    YOW!!!

I had the whole set of those Autolite prints, Arch!

Jim
    Regards,
    Arch
    '86 Supra MA67
    Brullen 2.5" Exhaust, HKS Fly w/7MGE clutch,ST Springs, RC Intake & TB, 2.8GT & XX emblems, Factory Add on Rear Shoulder belts, Pioneer DEH-P2000 AM/FM/CD w/CDS-P5000 CD Player, Compomotive CXNs 8x16

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

I got them new Back In The Day, but don't remember how I got them. I think I wrote to Autolite and asked if they were for sale, and they just sent them to me.
    1985 5-speed "Ms. Swan"

OH, What A Feeling!

Wow Thats awesome!!
    Regards,
    Arch
    '86 Supra MA67
    Brullen 2.5" Exhaust, HKS Fly w/7MGE clutch,ST Springs, RC Intake & TB, 2.8GT & XX emblems, Factory Add on Rear Shoulder belts, Pioneer DEH-P2000 AM/FM/CD w/CDS-P5000 CD Player, Compomotive CXNs 8x16

Cleaned up the garage yesterday, and organized ALL my Supra parts on the shelves. Found things I didn't know or remember I had, and now I have a bunch more room to get going on the car.
    1985 5-speed "Ms. Swan"

OH, What A Feeling!

Doc, doing that now in my garage...25 years since remodel and another 10 year before that...36 total years this year...

Still waiting for that ah ha movement...other than the boxes of slot cars, Lionel trains, TYCO slot cars, K-Line trains, Joy Lines O gauge etc etc and the boxes of 80s/90s Hot wheels...

Quote Originally Posted by drjim View Post
    Cleaned up the garage yesterday, and organized ALL my Supra parts on the shelves. Found things I didn't know or remember I had, and now I have a bunch more room to get going on the car.
    Regards,
    Arch
    '86 Supra MA67

Took her out for a ~30 minute drive around the neighborhood.

And boy, did it feel good!
    1985 5-speed "Ms. Swan"

OH, What A Feeling!

CelicaSupra.com Member
    Dragon's starter has been having issues since July - every so often, the starter would simply click and not turn. I was told this is a fairly common problem with a sticky starter pinion. First time this happened, I had breakdown cover, so a mechanic came out and gave the starter some percussive maintenance while I held the key to START. Second time, rocking the car back and forth in gear did the trick. Third time, Friday night, neither worked. I was parked in the basement of a multi-storey car park, for good measure. So I got the car out of its bay into the corridor, gave it a good push up to walking pace, jumped in, second gear, clutch up and turned the key. Fortunately that worked.

Wanting to get to the bottom of this, I spent yesterday afternoon getting the starter motor off the engine. And I have to say, I got so covered in grease and grime I came back in looking like a coal miner! Fortunately I had a good idea about how the starter comes out from removing the spare engine. After thoroughly dousing the motor in degreaser, I looked around for some hints about what parts should be lubricated. And apparently none of them; grease would get thrown around in the bell housing and generally do Bad Things to the clutch. However, a Reddit user gave me a hint to look into the electrical contacts. So I very carefully took the rear cover off the solenoid (beware, it's spring-loaded!) and found this:

So I understand how it works now - the plunger in here bridges the high-current terminals to supply power to the motor. And after multiple years of starts, the high power has been busy eroding the contacts. So I cleaned it up as best I could, exposed as much shiny metal as I could, put it back together and Dragon started first time. So at least I haven't made it worse

Is it an option to replace the terminals and plunger? The motor is still strong when it engages. If so, is it something I can do myself, or do I need to enlist a professional?
    Rob - 100% British
    Hidden Content
    "Dragon" - 1986 White P-Type (UK model), 5M-GE, manual, digital dash, cone air filter & stainless-steel exhaust, 176HP, Beloved DD
    Hidden Content | Hidden Content | Hidden Content | Hidden Content

Search "toyota starter contacts" on google. There's actual Toyota parts and aftermarket kits you can buy.

The MK II battery hold downs are N/A!
    I pulled mine out ,stripped and painted it. NO PIX,so I'm lying!
    https://imgur.com/O72Gn8j
    Dave in Seattle. I keep LATE hours.Hidden Content
    '84 type "L" ,Auto ,daily driver. Dk blue.

CelicaSupra.com Member mutantcolors's Avatar
    I opened the hood to show a friend/explain VVT-i and thought "holy shit, I need to live the straight 6 life" after buying an SC400 and spending 4 hours removing engine trim and doodads to replace one cap and rotor.

edit - grammar made my blood boil

Thread Information