Body kit info, please read first. - Page 4

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    CelicaSupra.com Member mkiimaniac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MLDDJB View Post
    I believe maniac's side skirts are made of fiberglass and the rear is made of resin. At least that what they looked like when I pulled them off to do the re-paint. Still miss that car!!
    I told you when you come up to visit in the area, you can boost all you want Mike.

I will take good care of her I promise-she hasnt spent the night out of a garage yet, and she will love her upgrades coming.

And if I ever sell, you'll be my first call.
    82 7MGTE, W58, SP61/upgrded elbow, Spearco IC, P&P, 2.0MHG, VPC/SAFC2, LM-1 Wideband, Full 3in, TRD rear, Springs/Shox, Cold A/C, 85 deck Hidden Content

89 7MGTE, SP67 @ 18lbs, VPC/SAFC2, Spearco Front Mount, 550 inj, full 3inch exhaust
    WANTED: KAMINARI/EREBUNI front lip

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

Nice write-up.

Mind if I pm you with a few detail questions! (LOL!! - jk!)
    79 MkI, Black Metallic, owned since '82, in restoration - paint done! suspension done! 5ME motor going in soon Hidden Content
    83 MkII, Terra Cotta, p-type, stock
    85 MkII, Super Silver, p-type, 1JZGTE, Turbo 350 Trans
    86 MkII, Black, hardtop, p-type, 6MGE, 5 Speed - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - (Chronic MGSS Hidden Content )

Hidden Content

CelicaSupra.com Member lil'devil's Avatar
    A few more pics.

5. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

CelicaSupra.com Member mk2 robbie's Avatar
    I think I have alomst the same kit. Erubuni though for sure i just cant remember the model of it.
    Have any of you molded guys had any cracks or breaks in the molded areas?
    and un-molded guys have any problems with the kit flexing and scraping the flares?

I'm in the "I have the kit but do I go molded or un-molded" boat right now and i really cant decide but I need to put the front lip on to hide the bottom mounts for my intercooler...

and does any one have any suggestions for good paint shops in the barrie/GTA area that they would recommend going to?

lol thought I'd get my questoins out in the thread rather than pm you guys

CelicaSupra.com Member lil'devil's Avatar
    Well I've not had any cracks with my side skirts and they have been moulded to the car 10-11 years...front dam molded on about 4 years now. No cracks.

Fiberglass and kittyhair......

When I had my 84 stripped, I told the guy at the shop to try and salvage the front and rear bumpers/kit. The body kit was molded to the car, so I wasn't really expecting he will be able to do it. After it was all said and done, i went back to the shop to pick up my parts. To my surprise this is what I ended up with. With a little bit of work it is a potential bolt-on body kit. This is how our body kits should have been produced.

The car looks great!! I'm glad you posted this thread b/c I was considering doing a body kit in the future, but now I am completely turned off to the idea. I have 2 great body guys at my disposal, and I don't want to put them through that hell!

questions? I notice some of your strip everything down to repaint the supra.

Did you replace all the rubber seals? if so where did you buy them at.

The plastic if front of the headlight did you replace them? If so where did buy they at?

WOW, I wish I had the time, money, and the tools you guys have. Awesome mods. I just buy a project car. A 1986 (not 1986-1/2) supra non turbo for $900 USA dollars. Needs body, suspension, a/c & heating, electrical work.

I eventually want get into Autocross racing again. Years ago, I used race a TR8 (1982 last year in production and titled). The tr8 is gone.

I am open and willing to listen suggestions, ideas, advice on how to improve my supra.

Please note I am a college student and work full time. I use my car for work and college.
    Therefore it can not be down for more than a day or two.

Thank you in advance.

Dan.

Beautifull work Mike.

Is this kit still available for purchase?

Thread Information