Body kit info, please read first. - Page 3

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    CelicaSupra.com Member lilpeenoiracer's Avatar
    maniac, unfortunately i dont have plans on selling my front 1/2 bumper as i too have side skirts waiting to be installed along with the front but if my mind changes ill let you know.

the front bumper will go on once my car hits the road again and i can put on my kamanarii sides ive had stored away sincei took it off my 82.

mike, your pictures will help me alot as far as how my kit should look once its all done, the picture i was going to use to help me get the kit fitted properly was of my 82 which had the kamanari front that was molded to the body and the flairs which i didnt like to begin with.
    heres my 82 when i first bought it.

thanks titus

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

CelicaSupra.com Member lil'devil's Avatar
    heres a few.

Personally I like the kit.

Put it on myself. Moulded the kit into the body of the car. Painted it.

Very nice, I'd like to know how the flares were smoothed out with no overlap from the kit. Beautiful example, Thanks for posting.

5. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

I could have been well on my way to some extremely nice custom wheels that fit the car to a T with the money spent with the kit
    Are you serious? these are the coolest looking rims I have seen on our cars without going with real wantanabes, what rims size and offsets are these???

CelicaSupra.com Member SuperSubs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ihateu3 View Post
    Are you serious? these are the coolest looking rims I have seen on our cars without going with real wantanabes, what rims size and offsets are these???
    Car has thousands in motor and even more in paint. I have little money stuck in the wheels. Even though they do look good, they are a “cheap” wheel with dual bolt patterns, and don’t compliment the grade of quality I am trying to make the whole car (IMHO).
    I would love to find some Wantanabes in the proper offset with 16x9.5 out back, and 16x8 in front, then powder coat them black and possibly add the red accent.

I am very jealous of Achan’s new setup.

Quote Originally Posted by lil'devil View Post
    heres a few.

Personally I like the kit.

Put it on myself. Moulded the kit into the body of the car. Painted it.
    Looks good. Could you elaborate on the molding process? Do you have any pictures? Could you also say why you molded, and how you feel about it now? A lot of people avoid this process for fear of damaging the kit and having it separate from the rest of the car, meaning repainting of a large section of the car.

Could all who posted pics of their cars with kits also modify their posts to include the kit brand and style?

Thanks, -Mike

CelicaSupra.com Member Supracress's Avatar
    Supersubs, I love how you car turned out. I can't imagine how much time it must have tooken just modify the kit to fit properly.

http://forums.celicasupra.com/showth...ht=f1+body+kit

Here is a link to my supe long body kit thread. Kit was put on buy my farther and myself and is molded on like Lil Devil except I shaved my molding. There are a lot of pictures showing the molding process if anyone is interested.

Like Supersubs, while I love how my car turned out, would I do it again? Hell no. I would repaint the same color & get a cressy lip instead. And I still don't like how the front still looks so high despite dropping it nearly 2 inches although I don't think my larger then stock dia tires help.

CelicaSupra.com Member mkiimaniac's Avatar
    this thread is now the body kit club

This isnt a thread jack anymore, its a full fledged thread gang bang...

Nice lookin cars
    82 7MGTE, W58, SP61/upgrded elbow, Spearco IC, P&P, 2.0MHG, VPC/SAFC2, LM-1 Wideband, Full 3in, TRD rear, Springs/Shox, Cold A/C, 85 deck Hidden Content

89 7MGTE, SP67 @ 18lbs, VPC/SAFC2, Spearco Front Mount, 550 inj, full 3inch exhaust
    WANTED: KAMINARI/EREBUNI front lip

CelicaSupra.com Member lil'devil's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Supracress View Post
    Supersubs, I love how you car turned out. I can't imagine how much time it must have tooken just modify the kit to fit properly.

http://forums.celicasupra.com/showth...ht=f1+body+kit

Here is a link to my supe long body kit thread. Kit was put on buy my farther and myself and is molded on like Lil Devil except I shaved my molding. There are a lot of pictures showing the molding process if anyone is interested.

Like Supersubs, while I love how my car turned out, would I do it again? Hell no. I would repaint the same color & get a cressy lip instead. And I still don't like how the front still looks so high despite dropping it nearly 2 inches although I don't think my larger then stock dia tires help.

Would I do the kit again....mmmmmm maybe....I like the look of it. The only reason I started this way(side skirts) was due to the fact it was the same price as the replacement rocker mouldings...until shipping costs jumped into play.

Then the skirt bug hit and I wanted front and rear skirts. Bought a set from someone on the forums (unseen). Back skirt looked like A$$. But front was nice salvageable. Had a fiberglass shop solidify the skirt Put it on.

Its moulded in with fiberglass and finishing putty. Painted it in my garage.

not sure if this last pic shows but ther is no line from the kit to the flare of the car.( nahh its too dark to see very well.) Alot of work but worth it in the end.

I'll take a few pics of the car and post them up if you like.. Better get it done soon. The cars going in the shop for a heart transplant in 2 weeks!

CelicaSupra.com Member dannymk2's Avatar
    great post. i get pm's all the time about where to get my kit and how to install it. bottom line is, you cant get these kits anymore, except for the f1, and the install is way too much work and too much of a pain in the ass. im constantly worried about it cracking. granted, this wasnt the worst fitting kit ive done, but its definetly my last.

mine is also molded and shaved.
    '84 Supra
    '02 Ram 1500
    Hidden Content

I believe maniac's side skirts are made of fiberglass and the rear is made of resin. At least that what they looked like when I pulled them off to do the re-paint. Still miss that car!!

Thread Information