Cusco camber plates - Page 2

View Poll Results: Cusco Camber plates

Voters
36. This poll is closed
  • I have the dough now.. I want em now!

8 22.22%
  • I will have the dough when more details follow!

24 66.67%
  • I dont have the dough guess ill miss out

4 11.11%
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MAD_83supra
    What do they do and where?
    They are solid front upper strut mounts that also let you adjust camber for the front wheels.

Techno Toy Tuning doesn't list anything for the MK2. Check out the BBK for the AE86, a bargin for just the fronts at $1200. I will be spending just about that for Jim King's kit front and rear! Jim, you da man.
    Josh Rapier
    Silver 85 6MGE 17x8 & 17x9 Forgeline LS on Potenza SO3's

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

CelicaSupra.com Member Funkycheeze's Avatar
    do the get rid of the dubber pillow blocks to solidify the front a bit more too?

if so, i would probably be in as well - also, if i get them do i still need roll centre adjusters?
    '84 P-type, 5spd, torrid red, black/grey leather
    Built 7MGTE (JE's, ARP studs, MHG), BOSS STG4 60mm, AEM standalone, R154, 2 1/2" IC and 3" turbo back - the works
    Coilovers, ROH wheels, 4 corner BBK, Konis, ADDCO bars, PST bushings etc. etc.

ill know more info when i get a return e-mail.. they promised they were ava.. more details to follow!

5. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

CelicaSupra.com Member Flyin' Hawaiian's Avatar
    I'd be down for this one too when the time comes around.

Btw, here's generally what it looks like. Not exactly for our Supra, but it gives you an idea...

https://secure1.nexternal.com/finish...plate-main.jpg

And here's what some website says about them:

THEY ARE MADE WITH METAL IN PLACE OF THE RUBBER BUSHING, AND A SPHERICAL BEARING INSTEAD OF THE STANDARD BEARING. THESE REPLACE YOUR RUBBER STOCK UPPER MOUNT WHICH FLEXES AND CAUSES FRICTION LOSS DURING HARD DRIVING.

So yes, it does make the front end more solid in corners, but you'll probably feel a bit more vibration in the steering from the loss of isolating the strut from the vehicle. No big thing, if you're buying this, you're probably way past the "cushy" feel of a stock Supra!!! :roll:

Sweeeeet :clap: But will a strut tower brace clear these?

CelicaSupra.com Member TRD 83 SUPRA XX's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dohc82
    Sweeeeet :clap: But will a strut tower brace clear these?
    Yes!!!
    Hidden Content

Get your MK2 Supra Cooling Plates here
    Hidden Content

CelicaSupra.com Member SupraFiend's Avatar
    I definatly want some camber plates too. But is the cheapest way to get them? I thought groundcontrol or st had some that fit our cars? Doesn't Don Lew have some on his that were meant for a celica or such?

Hey All, just a reminder that when shopping for camber plates, our stock upper strut mounts use 3 holes in the upper fender towers. Don't know about the Cusco mounting method, might want to verify. My GC camber plates are 4 hole mount so I had to drill 4 new holes in my fender towers.
    The other thing to note is the size of the hole in the middle of the spherical bearing that the top of the strut rod goes through. In the stock applications the stock hole is 15mm, and all normal strut inserts for our cars should have a upper shaft diameter of 15mm too. My GC plates use a 5/8" hole (approx 16mm) and apparently most race strut inserts use this size (koni, adv.design). I suppose there are adapters to make the hole smaller (but not bigger). Just be informed when buying!

Don L.

I believe these are car specific for the 82-86 supras. The ones I have seen have 3 mounting bolts and I would presume fit the strut rod. No modifications should be necessary.

Carlos Brown here on the forum has these and should be able to chime in on them!
    Josh Rapier
    Silver 85 6MGE 17x8 & 17x9 Forgeline LS on Potenza SO3's

Thread Information