RHR: 7M-GTE PnP wiring guide - Page 2

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    CelicaSupra.com Member OkieRA29's Avatar
    Again, you rock!!!! I have a couple of PDFs on back wiring the JDM harness to USDM specs, which is half my battle. I am pretty sure that I have it all wired up properly. Now I just have to figure out the B1 plug on the cressida body harness. I can not express my graditude in all the help that you probably didn't even realize you were giving before you released this info. As far as the MX chassis are concerned, the x32 and x73 chassis are probably all you really need to focus on. The X83 came with the 7M and the GTE swap is pretty easy. Most people with the x83 end up going JZ and you have pretty much covered that in other posts.
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by Talksoup Hidden Content
    So before someone lights you up like neon under a honda civic,do some research
    76 RA29 20R cam and weber
    85 Celica GT 300K and counting
    85 MX72 parts hauler

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

CelicaSupra.com Member Lee_MA61's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OkieRA29 View Post
    Again, you rock!!!! I have a couple of PDFs on back wiring the JDM harness to USDM specs, which is half my battle. I am pretty sure that I have it all wired up properly. Now I just have to figure out the B1 plug on the cressida body harness. I can not express my graditude in all the help that you probably didn't even realize you were giving before you released this info. As far as the MX chassis are concerned, the x32 and x73 chassis are probably all you really need to focus on. The X83 came with the 7M and the GTE swap is pretty easy. Most people with the x83 end up going JZ and you have pretty much covered that in other posts.
    Thanks I apperciate it. I hope this MX chassis stuff can wait a little bit. Sorry for the the delay. I've just been a little busy with a few family cars.. BMW with a million leaks.. lol
    Random House Racing
    -1984 Toyota, Celica Supra P-Type Super Red (2JZ-GTE + 74mm) JZA61 Hidden Content
    -2010 GMC, Sierra 2500HD Imperial Blue Metallic (L96)

CelicaSupra.com Member OkieRA29's Avatar
    I am in no real hurry just yet. I just got the crank installed in the turbo motor. Still have to get rod bearings, gaskets, etc. Probably will be a month or so before I even get to the wiring parts. I think all I really need is the pinout for the B1 connector in my 87. I am planning on picking up an 87 EWD in the next couple of weeks, so hopefully that will help a ton. When I figure it out, I will post the results in this thread.

I actually found this awile ago, but seems the X73 swap is pretty well covered.
    http://members.shaw.ca/boltz/7MGTE-S...TE,%205MGE.htm

And then this rudimentary diagram, but it is easy to follow.
    http://members.shaw.ca/boltz/7MGTE-S...cans/ECU-1.jpg
    http://members.shaw.ca/boltz/7MGTE-S...cans/ECU-2.jpg

Hopefully, this will help everybody just a bit.
    Last edited by OkieRA29; 01-05-2011 at 12:57 PM.
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by Talksoup Hidden Content
    So before someone lights you up like neon under a honda civic,do some research
    76 RA29 20R cam and weber
    85 Celica GT 300K and counting
    85 MX72 parts hauler

5. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

Im sure you have already heard this a million times dude. but your the MAN!!!! Dont wanna come off as an ungrateful ass but 89-7mgte+ - 83' mk2 PnP would make me faint with awesomeness!!!
    fellow student: what kinda car do you have bro?

me: oh, I have a supra...

fellow student: DUDE!! no way. thats so tight!!

me: its actually 2 generations older than the almighty fast and the furious supra man!

fellow student: Ohhhh.... well thats cool.

me:Hidden Content

DAMMIT! IT IS NOT THE BACK TO THE FUTURE CAR YOU SACK!!Hidden Content

Thanks It's in the works, might be done tonight if it snows 8+" again.. haha
    Random House Racing
    -1984 Toyota, Celica Supra P-Type Super Red (2JZ-GTE + 74mm) JZA61 Hidden Content

89-92 diagram is up. There are a couple of different gray connectors I've seen over the years. If your is different let me know and I'll post a add in for that style Connector.

-Leon
    Random House Racing

CelicaSupra.com Member
    Leon, 89 is the same as 87/8 except for pin 19/22 in plug B1. 90 they change the plugs, but, the wire colors are the same. 92, Toyota moved one wire, that I don't recall if it's really needed, to B2? iirc. Away from the bulk of my books still ... Yo've all heard of ... the middle of nowhere .... I'm there. Sitting in a bar in Sidney MT for a decent net connection, watching a f'd up Seahawks game. Should have went to work instead
    Shawn > Junkie < 83 Ltype 7mgte/a340 swap, 84 Ptype 7mgte and 20k original miles on the chassis, 85 Ptype Blue Hard top, basicaly stock. 82 Ltype, auto ... not home yet, but another added to the stable.

Lee, ?I tried to leave you a PM but I dont know if you got it. I need Help in finding the correct 5m E1 plug and more clarification on step three. Thanks in advance.

Jeremy

me: its actually 2 generations older than the almighty fast and the furious supra man!

Quote Originally Posted by SMP7MGTE View Post
    Leon, 89 is the same as 87/8 except for pin 19/22 in plug B1. 90 they change the plugs, but, the wire colors are the same. 92, Toyota moved one wire, that I don't recall if it's really needed, to B2? iirc. Away from the bulk of my books still ... Yo've all heard of ... the middle of nowhere .... I'm there. Sitting in a bar in Sidney MT for a decent net connection, watching a f'd up Seahawks game. Should have went to work instead
    Ahh you are always right Shawn, I do remember now that I look back on my experience with my 91 w/ 89 manual harness. hmm well I'm not going to make a separate guide for that at the moment. To much work if you know what I mean.. Thanks for keeping me straight on this stuff. BTW you should will me those books haha j/k

Quote Originally Posted by razo-s.supra83 View Post
    Lee, ?I tried to leave you a PM but I dont know if you got it. I need Help in finding the correct 5m E1 plug and more clarification on step three. Thanks in advance.

Jeremy
    Alright well the 5M E1 plug is located on the 5M-GE engine harness. It's yellow and the only other one that doesn't plug into the ecu.

Step 3: Reason behind it is to eliminate the C1 connector. What you are doing is moving 2 wires from the C1 into the B1 connector. You find the 2 points on the ecu plug, de-pin, slide in your new wire, then add to the corresponding spots on the engine side of the B1 connector. The third wire is the power wire for you injectors and coils. It's located on the engine side of the B1 connector. It's Black with and orange stripe and a thick wire. You want to de-pin it from the B1 connector. Then pull it through your harness to attach where your MK.II powers the Coils/injector resistor.

That works?
    Random House Racing

help again?

Sorry to bother again Lee. But I am taking a road not traveled before in my book and making my own harness and I am asking as many questions as possible because i want to do this once and hopefully never again hahah.

Sooo, my question. Why does your E1 yellow plug look so different than mine in your diagram. Mine looks like

abc^def
    ghi,j,klm ^= clip and ,= slit for plug entry.

Yours looks like ab^ cd
    ef G hi
    jk L mi

I am really frustrated because I keep weirding out ahahaha

Thanks , Jeremy

Thread Information