"First Day" mods - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    CelicaSupra.com Member '82supra's Avatar
    Welcome to the forum! There sure is alot of good info, plus lotsa fun and friendly folk here.
    My first mod thread was supra simple and helped alot and @ no cost! http://forums.celicasupra.com/showthread.php?t=50945.
    I'm happy with the results! It's definitely an evolution, with tips 'n tricks, found on CS.com (damn, didn't realize this was such a newb old thread, lol).
    Last edited by '82supra; 12-05-2009 at 03:03 PM.
    Hidden Content
    DreadBull

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

So just rerouting the hose will add that much?!
    1985 mkII 5mgeHidden Content

CelicaSupra.com Member Austin E's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sublimestylz View Post
    So just rerouting the hose will add that much?!
    At least that much, that's probably a low estimate. I know after I did it, my tires would light up in 5th gear on the freeway at 60 if I nailed it.
    Austin Easley
    1984 Light blue Mkii

5. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

so what do it do? can you walk me through it?

CelicaSupra.com Member supra_07's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sublimestylz View Post
    so what do it do? can you walk me through it?
    i sure can... pop your hood. look on your throttle body you will see three little hoses coming out near the top take them off and loop them together, shut your hood, go back in and fasten your seat belt put on your helmet ( your going to need it for sure) then take it to the track and killz some HONDUHS.

...lol dude, seriously
    Black 82 p-type. 6mge. too many mods to list..
    Old cars never die, they just get faster Hidden Content
    when others zig, zag.

loop all three together or just two?

CelicaSupra.com Member mk2 supra's Avatar
    The first mods I did that were easy and well worth it were re routing the coolant through the throttle body, get a little piece of tubing and connect the two hoses together so it doesnt run throught the throttle body. it gives you a cooler air charge and you only need it to keep it from icing over if you live in a very very cold climate, and then converting to an electric fan from the clutch fan. These two things dropped 2 tenths in the quarter (granted it was a 17.00, but hey it was stock)
    and unlike you guys teasing the gullable about the EGR mod, Im being serious this really does help

CelicaSupra.com Member Supradavis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mk2 supra View Post
    The first mods I did that were easy and well worth it were re routing the coolant through the throttle body, get a little piece of tubing and connect the two hoses together so it doesnt run throught the throttle body. it gives you a cooler air charge and you only need it to keep it from icing over if you live in a very very cold climate, and then converting to an electric fan from the clutch fan. These two things dropped 2 tenths in the quarter (granted it was a 17.00, but hey it was stock)
    and unlike you guys teasing the gullable about the EGR mod, Im being serious this really does help
    What I did to bypass the coolant through the throttle body and ISCV is use one of the hoses (the one that goes from the throttle body to the bypass tube around the block), pull it underneath the intake mainfold and twist it and get it to slide over the port on the front side that goes into the manifold and head. Here's a picture...

There's no additional stress on the hose, so there shouldn't be any problems with doing this mod in this way!
    Last edited by Supradavis; 02-03-2011 at 09:39 PM. Reason: Added picture & changed wording a bit.
    Dave K.
    '92T - 346 rwhp / 441 rwtq
    '86P x2 - Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Admin - AZSupras.com

Yours has a cupholder???!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JZA View Post
    We've been shanghaied :!:

Gage, try a different shift point. If you're usually in third at 40-45, either run second out a little longer or upshift to fourth, and see if the noise persists. Methinks you'll find it's drivetrain/suspension/wheel/tire/cupholder related. Good luck.
    85P "Jody": currently in resto/build
    '80 Yamaha XS850 "Miss Molly" Cafe Racer: currently in Pieces for winter

Thread Information